Just got my 2004 Cobra -- HELP

rem177

Established Member
hey there,
I just picked up an 04 cobra today. Drove it 700 miles home. Its been sitting in my garage now for a little more than an hour, and I just went out and noticed there is a puddle of what looks like water just behind the front passenger-side wheel. From under the car, it looks like its dripping down the header/exhaust and down on to the ground.

What could this be? I havent even had the thing for a day yet... :nonono:

overweight5.0

Established Member
Not to be sarcastic but could it be from the Air Conditioning? I know my truck will leave a puddle of water after running the a/c.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Check to make sure it isnt coolant. does the heater work? is there water in the passenger footwell?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you run the defroster the A/C comes on. Then the accumulator drips condensation. That's my guess.:shrug:

If it's pure odorless/colorless water and it's NOT condensation from the A/C, then find out which cooling system has pure water in it, the engine or the intercooler.

I would then do a drain and fill and at least up your percentage of coolant so corrosion doesn't start or get worse.

I would then just pressure test each system to see where the leak(if there is one:dw:) is coming from.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Follow the recommendations above and hopefully you'll find the cause. How large was the puddle by the way.

rem177

Established Member
700 miles of good weather, no rain ? Did you stop ,and clean your windsheild when you got in town ?

no, we had a few hours of rain to drive through :nonono:

but I came prepared...

2z7ocpi.jpg

6gxw2c.jpg

28hmyjd.jpg

after going back and looking at the car this morning, there is nothing fresh on the garage floor. I looked and the defroster WAS on for probably the last hour or 2 before getting home. I couldve sworn i had turned it off while on the road - guess i was wrong. Im hoping thats all it was...

Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Nice Oxford White...I'm think A/C Condensation...did you have defrost on?

Users who are viewing this thread