Stoptech big brake kit

03'Darin

Established Member
Figured I'd post this here because none of the people that may be interested would see it in the market. I have a brand new Stoptech big brake kit for 1994'-2004' SN95 Mustangs that I'm going to sell. It's the 332mm (13") kit with black calipers and the upgraded slotted zinc washed rotors (2-piece). The kit retails for around $2700 and if you do some searching it can be found for around $2,400. I'll sell the kit for $1,800

http://www.buybrakes.com/store/83-328-4700-xx

For some personal backround on these kits. I have this exact kit (plain slotted rotors instead of the zinc washed rotors) that I ran on my 03' Cobra (506 RWHP) for 2 1/2 years. The car saw limited duty street use and 2,000 miles of HARD track use. I did 6,000 miles of street use and 2,000 miles of track use on ONE SET OF ROTORS!! When I bought my track car I switched the kit over from my Cobra to the track car. The rotors were still usable but showing some stress crack so I bought a new set and carry the old ones for spares. I have NEVER had a brake kit that has given me this kind of rotor wear. When I did all of my research to decide which brake kit to buy I was torn between the Cobra R kit and the Stoptech. I was attracted to the Cobra R kit for the value but liked the "balanced" idea of the Stoptech package and the 2-piece rotors. After using the kit I never once questions the difference in money I spent to buy the Stoptech's over the Cobra R kit.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Good luck man, I'd love to buy that setup from you, but I don't even have enough cash for the Cobra R brembos.

wheelhopper

Established Member
If I did not already pick up a good deal on a brake kit from Bruce I would be all over this. Good luck with the sale.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I looked through your post and your link, but I cannot tell if 17" rims will work with that setup. Any idea?

My buddy's G35 has a Stoptech kit on it and it will damn near stop time!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I looked through your post and your link, but I cannot tell if 17" rims will work with that setup. Any idea?

My buddy's G35 has a Stoptech kit on it and it will damn near stop time!

According to Livermore Performance.."This kit requires 17" wheels with 50mm clearance to the back of the spokes. We have found that Cobra R rims (17x9), 1998 Cobra rims (17x8), and Konig Villain rims (17x9) will fit."

Link:
http://www.livermoreperformance.com/mustang_brake_kits.html

Go on, you know you want it. :thumbsup:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Trust me, I would be all over that if I didn't have a pending 4.6 rebuild. Damn tempting enough already.

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks for the tech info Greg. You are correct about the 17" wheels fitting. I have run them with my 03' Cobra rims and my 18" FR500's.

I also appreciate the good words from everyone about this kit. As I stated I did extensive research on the different kit and came to the conclusion that the Stoptech had the best kit available for my application. The kit has never dissapointed me.

Sorry I didn't get back soon. I was crewing at Lime Rock for the weekend.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Thanks for the tech info Greg. You are correct about the 17" wheels fitting. I have run them with my 03' Cobra rims and my 18" FR500's.

I also appreciate the good words from everyone about this kit. As I stated I did extensive research on the different kit and came to the conclusion that the Stoptech had the best kit available for my application. The kit has never dissapointed me.

Sorry I didn't get back soon. I was crewing at Lime Rock for the weekend.

Which team? I watched (and TiVo'ed) the whole GT race.

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks! We were pretty excited since it was our first podium. Our previous best was a 4th. We ran 2nd for a good part of the race and ended up third.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Your probably right but they don't have a "for sale" section any more. I've trolled there for 3 or 4 years now because I tried to sign up 3 times and for some reason never get a password. :shrug: So I'm not a member.

Darin, the classifieds over there are for members only. You can't see them unless you log in.
Try signing up again. Carefully read the rules for selling items there, and you should be OK.
They were having several issues, server issues included, a while back. I believe the new member sign up issues are resolved.

The place is still full of hard asses though, so be careful posting and do follow the classifieds rules to the letter.:beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
Darin, the classifieds over there are for members only. You can't see them unless you log in.
Try signing up again. Carefully read the rules for selling items there, and you should be OK.
They were having several issues, server issues included, a while back. I believe the new member sign up issues are resolved.

The place is still full of hard asses though, so be careful posting and do follow the classifieds rules to the letter.:beer:

I wondered about that Jimmy, but I saw a post over there about the "for sale" section being removed because of a long standing member causing a problem in there even after he was warned about it.

Anyway I have 3 members here that are interested in buying them so I don't think I'll need to worry about going there.

I'm very aware that you must read and abide by the rules there or be struck with the wrath of CC. Your absolutely right about the hard asses. But it does keep the site cleaned up just the way they want it.

I may have to give signing up another try when I get chance.

Darin

03'Darin

Established Member
Adding pictures:
Stoptechjpg.gif

Stoptech1jpg.gif

Here is my OTHER set when it was on my 03' Cobra
StopTechs.jpg

Last edited:

03'Darin

Established Member
Any chance one of you CC members could post a link to this thread if it's allowed? I've tried to sign up there several times but haven't been able to.

Darin

racer726

Established Member
I also think someone on CC would benefit from this, posted a link and pictures there... send me your contact information and I will add it as well.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread