DynoDay for my turbo'd 01

Janstang

Established Member
Alot of guys had asked what I was making with my Hellion T88 setup on the car and could never give them a definite answer, due to me usually tuning on the street here(I live up here in BFE with no traffic). I made the switch this winter to E85 and Dynotune in Watertown is my preferred choice for anything ethanol related. So I had the car on the dyno Wednesday for final tuning. Details are as follows: 20psi, 22deg. timing, VT 5.0 stroker w.9.0:1 compression, stock 03 heads, Naz ported intake, 7/8in. intake spacer, Accufab twin 65 TB, stock 01 cams degreed, Powerglide trans w/ATI 9in. converter, Magnafuel return style fuel system, 160lb injectors. I also fabbed up 3in. piping from the outlet of the turbo all the way to the TB(the Hellion stuff is 2 1/2in). The setup made 827.5rwhp/662rwtq. I stopped at 20psi due to the urban legends of the WAP block blowing in half around 800hp.(I didn't want to be the one to prove the rumors either). It was making 30rwhp for each pound of boost we added in. All numbers are corrected and I will try to post the printout alittle later. Here's the last run of the day: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT4mXUN-eXg"]YouTube - DynoDay[/ame]

Janstang

Established Member
LOL.. Thanks guys. There used to be some engine and car pics floating around here on a couple of different threads I'll see if I can find them.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Jan, haven't been on here in a while but that's absolutely bad ass right there!!! Glad to see I wasn't the only one in the New Edge forum that took the potential of E85 seriously!

I was just up in Watertown, SD two weeks ago making final preps for my wedding in August. I didn't know there was a dyno shop in that town that would tune for E85, next time I'm up there I'll have to look them up.

Users who are viewing this thread