Anyone have a Steeda STB on their cobra?

96blkbullitt

Established Member
I was reading (all 4 pages) of the "CAI/RAI that fits under STB" thread and got me to thinking. I was on Steeda's website and saw a lightweight STB for the 96-98 cobra. Anyone have this on their car, because they claim it allows room for big CAI and RAI systems. From the pictures it doesn't appear to me that it would be enough room to run any intake you choose, but maybe someone out there has this STB from Steeda and could confirm or shoot down my theory. Like most people I intent to keep the STB, whether stock or the Steeda unit and would like to run the best CAI while doing so. Thanks for any help.

96blkbullitt

Established Member
man, no one seems to have any info on this product. I might just have to be the guiney pig here soon if I don't get anything soon for all the sites I've posted this question on. If you have anything to add, let me know. Thanks

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
i would ask them if they have any pics of a CAI under this STB. i would hope that they could prove it since they said it.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
I guinnea pigged the MM one... it didn't fit

So I sold it for almost what I paid and it was well worth it :)

DarkswordDX

Bean Bandit
Established Member
Good topic for a first post I guess. Nice to meet you all.

I have the Steeda STB on my 98 Cobra. It does give quite a bit of room, but I'm a pretty new owner and don't know how much clearance you need. I suspect unless you just want a HUGE intake that you can probably snug it in under there.

Last edited:

DarkswordDX

Bean Bandit
Established Member
Nope, but I'll make it a point to take some. I've been lurking here for a few weeks in preparation, but I've only had my Cobra for a couple days.

CobraJazz

drive it everyday
Established Member
I'd like to see some pice as well. I would be very surprised if it would fit with a JLT - but very happy!

96blkbullitt

Established Member
great news to finally hear someone has the steeda bar, and hopefully the pics will show that it does give enough clearance. Being able to run a JLT and keep a STB would be clutch. I think everyone is ready to see some pics.

DarkswordDX

Bean Bandit
Established Member
Here is a pretty good pic of mine, as promised.

S5030299.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread