Has anybody here driven exotic cars before ?

5.0 Ford Power

*derp*
Established Member
Only thing "exotic" I drove was a yellow Lotus Elise. fun little car to toss around a turn but not fun to get in and out of when you are 6' and 220lbs

CobraKid04

Established Member
negetive, I want to drive a lamborghini murcielago convertible. Prolly the most baller car ever.IMO

randoo

Established Member
I wrecked my buddies 911. Not really a supercar thank god cause it would of cost me even more money. Those rear engine cars go around quick with no warning!... that was my excuse.

JasonSnake

Established Member
negetive, I want to drive a lamborghini murcielago convertible. Prolly the most baller car ever.IMO

+1 it's the only car I ever dream about driving. Everything else doesn't really snatch my attention

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Drove an '02 Porsche Boxster and an '02 Z06 but close as it gets for me. I had a guy offer to let me drive his '93 Ferrari Testarossa if he could drive my car but I turned him down since he was drunk.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
When I was much younger,:rollseyes late 70s early 80s I drove my buddy's(best man at my wedding/co worker) 1965 AC Cobra, 289.

CSX 2176 Was one of 25 automatics built. Dick converted it to a 4 speed top loader and saved all the original parts. He eventually put it back to automatic
and sold it for a tidy profit, since the replacement insurance had gotten out of hand and it was no longer enjoyable to drive around anymore. You had to always watch the car.:nonono:

We used to autocross together in central NY, I ran a 4cyl Mustang II with V8 suspension goodies on it.
He ran the Cobra, transverse leaf springs, 72 spoke wires, Corvette Aluminum radiator was added eventually.

To get more negative camber he had the upper front leaf spring shortened.

The car had .030 over 11 to one pistons, dirt track solid roller cam, and stock IRS 3.77 diff.

The car went like stink! SO light! SO strong!
At one event there was only one other car running in A/S, a 911 Porsche year unknown, so there would be no trophy.
He asked me to enter his car, so that there would be 3 entered and trophies issued.

I'm like .... uh OK!

I actually beat his time on my first run because I was tentative and kept it smooth and hooked up, he had over cooked a couple spots and was slower.

In the end though he DESTROYED me by 3 seconds as he got used to the grip available at the NY State Fair grounds parking lot, with it's crumbling sections of pavement coming up in huge chunks!:nonono::rollseyes

I had driven it many more times before and after that, and although it was very uncivilized, (hot, loud, melted sneakers, seats were not very comfortable) It certainly did what Ole Shelby designed it to do.

The car was VERY quick around corners and even quicker in between them!

What a BLAST TO DRIVE!

The classic dumbass saying from strangers when we had our cars(or my truck) at car shows or just out cruising was "I had a buddy who put a V8 in one of those once".:rollseyes

OK whatever pal!:rollseyes

EDIT: Here is a pic he took of me in his car that day.

65cobra289.jpg

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Ferrari 365 GTB. Silver from the factory w/Borrani wire wheels.
In 1971 when I was 16 years old.
It cost $25,000.00 off the showroom floor.
The thing had to be shipped from NorCal to SoCal for a clutch replacement. In 1971 dollars it was $900.00 just for the clutch.
The gated shifter was a PITA for a rookie.
Federalized pop-up headlights. Euro models have composite which were illegal in the US until
petitioned the NHTSA to use composite headlights in the soon-to-be-released Lincoln MkVIII. Yes Ford had the first Composite headlight(s) legal in the US. Boy do they suck, my wife owned one actually two. First a '95 then a '98. There were upgrade kits for the older models and the newer ones were improved.
365gtb5004daytonacf8.jpg

Jeff

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
When I was much younger,:rollseyes late 70s early 80s I drove my buddy's(best man at my wedding/co worker) 1965 AC Cobra, 289.

CSX 2176 Was one of 25 automatics built. Dick converted it to a 4 speed top loader and saved all the original parts. He eventually put it back to automatic
and sold it for a tidy profit, since the replacement insurance had gotten out of hand and it was no longer enjoyable to drive around anymore. You had to always watch the car.:nonono:

We used to autocross together in central NY, I ran a 4cyl Mustang II with V8 suspension goodies on it.
He ran the Cobra, transverse leaf springs, 72 spoke wires, Corvette Aluminum radiator was added eventually.

To get more negative camber he had the upper front leaf spring shortened.

The car had .030 over 11 to one pistons, dirt track solid roller cam, and stock IRS 3.77 diff.

The car went like stink! SO light! SO strong!
At one event there was only one car running in A/S, a 911 Porsche year unknown, so there would be no trophy.
He asked me to enter his car, so that there would be 3 entered and trophies issued.

I'm like .... uh OK!

I actually beat his time on my first run because I was tentative and kept it smooth and hooked up, he had over cooked a couple spots and was slower.

In the end though he DESTROYED me by 3 seconds as he got used to the grip available at the NY State Fair grounds parking lot, with it's crumbling sections of pavement coming up in huge chunks!:nonono::rollseyes

I had driven it many more times before and after that, and although it was very uncivilized, (hot, loud, melted sneakers, seats were not very comfortable) It certainly did what Ole Shelby designed it to do.

The car was VERY quick around corners and even quicker in between them!

What a BLAST TO DRIVE!

The classic dumbass saying from strangers when we had ours cars at car shows or just out cruising was "I had a buddy who put a V8 in one of those once".:rollseyes

OK whatever pal!:rollseyes

EDIT: Here is a pic he took of me in his car that day.

65cobra289.jpg
Nice!

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Uh... I can't even recall seeing an exotic, save for a Lambo Diablo and Ferrari Testarossa.

Some lesser Porsches, which are cool, but not quite exotic.

Blown 89

Established Member
I've driven quite a few exotics lately....you get out realizing how big of a piece of shit the Mustang really is. The only downside is that they're not made for 6'6" guys like me.

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Ferrari 550 Maranello
Ferrari 348
Dodge Viper (in my garage)

oh and one of these

01.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
1958 Ferrari Testa Rossa 250

1959 Ferrari 250GT

1963 Ferrari 250LM

1967 Ferrari 265GTB-4

1969 Lamborghini Muira P400S

1978 Ferraro Berlinetta Boxer

Then in 1981 my friend that owned all these great cars was involved in a plane crash that killed his wife and put him in the hospital for six months. He was piloting a twin engine aircraft that lost an engine on takeoff at about 30 ft. It turned faster than he could catch it. After that he just lost interest in the cars and sold them all.

Ahbeng

Established Member
Lamborghini Gallardo
Nissan GT-R (exotic?)
Formula Renault. Never felt a car pull so many Gs even in the wet. Made a nippy car like the S2000 feel like a boat.
255368.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread