600whp combo?

Spade

Established Member
:cuss:I looked and for some reason I can not find a thread that talks about a 600whp combo. Can someone please give me some threads to read or info on how to hit the 600 mark. I would like to go KB, but I'm not sure what would be the best KB to get. I do not want to crack open the motor. Thanks for your help!!

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
any TS will get you there. Just depends on how much you want to spend on fuel upgrades and what route you want to go.

Spade

Established Member
I'm thinking I need 60s and a 2800 maf for supporting mods. BTW, I want to stay 93 octane.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
You should not need a 2800.,., 2400 should work fine, if tuned right :thumbsup: but a TS and you are one the right track :)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You can easily get there with a Twin Screw and 93 octane. You'll need the injectors and the Mass Air. Plus fuel pumps if you don't have them already. Just read my sig lol.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
so what level does the stock maf peg? is it a car by car case? anyone have a range? how far will a mafia extend it?

same thing for the injs (no wreckless duty cycle levels...something conservative)?

Spade

Established Member
You should not need a 2800.,., 2400 should work fine, if tuned right :thumbsup: but a TS and you are one the right track :)

I would like to have Jon Lund tune the car again.

Yeah, you will be okay with the 2400 you have. I run the same and I'm @ 19psi.
You will need the 60's though.

What kind of power are you making?

As for the MAF I read that anything below 21-22psi the 2400 maf should be fine.

What size KB should I be looking for?

Tylerb59

Established Member
Twin screw with proper fuel system and a DYNO TUNE will get you there. It's really a matter of preference, but my Whipple has made me happy.

I think it will be a little bit harder to crack 600 through a mail order tune as great as they can be, there is no replacement for having someone next to you while you're on the dyno tweaking values.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
so what level does the stock maf peg? is it a car by car case? anyone have a range? how far will a mafia extend it?

same thing for the injs (no wreckless duty cycle levels...something conservative)?

My MAF is almost pegged w/just a 2.76!Datalogged it Sat. for my tuner,hit 1004 counts in 72-75 degrees.It pegs @1024.

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
:cuss:I looked and for some reason I can not find a thread that talks about a 600whp combo. Can someone please give me some threads to read or info on how to hit the 600 mark. I would like to go KB, but I'm not sure what would be the best KB to get. I do not want to crack open the motor. Thanks for your help!!

If your goal is to get to 600 and stay at that level, get either the whipple 2.3 or KB 2.6 (and of course the 60's). If you suspect that you will want to go higher later (funny how it sneaks up on you!!). Get the kb 2.8 or the whipple 3.4. Either of the big blowers can work in the lower ranges, but neither would be the most efficent at lower HP.

Spade

Established Member
Twin screw with proper fuel system and a DYNO TUNE will get you there. It's really a matter of preference, but my Whipple has made me happy.

I think it will be a little bit harder to crack 600 through a mail order tune as great as they can be, there is no replacement for having someone next to you while you're on the dyno tweaking values.

Jon is about 2 hours south of me so I would drive to him and have him tune the car.

TS,60's,bap,sctmaf,110octane or higher should put you at 600-640ish..

I'm only going to run 93 oct at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread