Rim Widening

GodStang

Established Member
I remeber people talking about getting stock rims widened. I wanted to get two 01 polished cobra rims and widen them to 10 or 10.5. Is this possible. Also how much does it run and were you happy with it?

Bad01SVT

Established Member
I would really like to know because I want to get the Ford FR500 rims but I have only seen them in 18x9. I think I want 18x10.5 in back and 18x10 in front. So if you can tell us where you can get it done as well. Thanks,

Dan

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Its possible I've seen a number of recent magazine cars running on widened polished '01's. Since its a custom piece price varies- as for who does it thats a toughy as they never really say- look around you might have someone local.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Bad01SVT
I would really like to know because I want to get the Ford FR500 rims but I have only seen them in 18x9. I think I want 18x10.5 in back and 18x10 in front. So if you can tell us where you can get it done as well. Thanks,

Dan

I dont think a 10 inch rim will fit in the front without rubbing.

RioRed4v

Established Member
yea, no 10" rim in the front. would look kinda stupid.

as for getting 01's widened, yes, its possible. just gotta find a place to do it.

GodStang

Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
I dont think a 10 inch rim will fit in the front without rubbing.

Thats why in my original post I put 2 '01 polished rims. I only want them for the back. I want to keep a totally stock look but lets face it the 17x8 rims just do not cut it. So I want to replace the 2 back rims so I can get more meat out back before the kenne bell. I have tried looking around online and so far it is mostly for import cars that do 14" to 16" rims.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by GodStang
Thats why in my original post I put 2 '01 polished rims. I only want them for the back. I want to keep a totally stock look but lets face it the 17x8 rims just do not cut it. So I want to replace the 2 back rims so I can get more meat out back before the kenne bell. I have tried looking around online and so far it is mostly for import cars that do 14" to 16" rims.

sorry i was talkin to bad01svt

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Their is a place in MI that widens wheels. I'm not sure on the name (maybe weld craft?) but if you can find them, I believe they charge about $150-200 each, widened and balanced. I called them about 3 yrs. ago to try and widen Pony wheels for my '91.
Also, there was a black '01 in one of the mags (5.0 I believe) a few months ago with widened stockers. The car has an '03 frontend and twin turbos and was built by a well known place in FLA. If you can find the article, call that shop and they might be able to help you.
Good luck, James
And yes, I agree the stock wheels are in desperate need of widening. Its the reason I went with '03 replicas in 18x10.5--I can't stand the look of a lowered '99/01 on stock wheels without rear spacers.

GodStang

Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
sorry i was talkin to bad01svt

Sorry did not mean to come across rude just trying to explain.

Thanks BiminiLX I will look for the article.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I was looking in to the same thing at one point... There is a place in MI. I contacted them around a year and a half ago. I believe the cost was about the same as buying a rim 150-250, can't remember. I'll check my other computer and see if I have them book marked.

99SVTSnake

Established Member
Clicky not working for me...Says I am not authorized to view the page. Anyone else have this problem?

Rich

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I'm having the same problem also... Their web page sucks anyway, it's dated, but has some good examples of their process.... Their work is supposed to be stand-up.

Users who are viewing this thread