Help, What rotor on 8.8 rearend 5 lug swapped 86-93

03screamingSVT

Established Member
Just a little background, Im having axles produced right now to just swap the rear over to 5 lug on the 86-93 foxbody cars right now. Everything that I have done to this point is just with drums.

Does anyone know of a rotor that we can use on this? Im going to be producing a custom caliper mounting bracket and was just planning on running the v6 or gt rear calipers. I am aware that if I got later 94+ axles I could just use the 94+ brakes, mounting brackets and all. Well since we are just producing the stock 86-93 axle right now, that wont be an option. Any thoughts on just using a 94+ rear rotor and with the custom rear caliper mounting bracket maybe they will work?

Im just trying to gain some knowledge here before I start buying parts. Just figured it would be easy just talking with some people that might have already done this similar setup. Any info would be apprciated

trendkilllx

Established Member
I used sn95 rear brakes with stock fox length moser axels. I cut the caliper brackets so they could be swaped to the opposing sides and slip over the axle tube on the inside of the axle housing ends. I had to space the caliper out with a washer to center it but it lined up pretty close without it. I Also had to cut 3/4" out of the anti-moan brackets and weld them back together. You can also buy the brackets from north racecars

car003.jpg

car001.jpg

car002.jpg

car008.jpg

car010.jpg

car025.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread