Differences in Cobra R rims

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Does anyone know if the aftermarket 95 Cobra R rims are any different than the Ford ones? Are the contours and everything the same? Would you be able to tell a difference from the front to back wheel? Will the Ford Cobra R centercaps fit?

96cobrakid

Established Member
I don't think you will be able to tell excapt the ford ones have a part number on one spoke i think (not sure) and the center cps should work fine

paintballpyro1

Established Member
i have heard that the ford rims and replicas the spokes arent the same like they stick out alittle more or something. im not 100% but its what i have heard maybe someone else will know for sure

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
Just get the real Ford ones, you should be able to find them cheap and they're a hell of a lot lighter than the cheap shit aftermarket ones.

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Ciotti said:
Just get the real Ford ones, you should be able to find them cheap and they're a hell of a lot lighter than the cheap shit aftermarket ones.

Well I already have real chrome R's (at least I think they are real), I messed one up and need a replacement. Anyway to tell if they are real without taking the tire off?

I never even thought about the weight difference. Would it be bad to have two different weight wheels in the back?

Last edited:

97riocobra2

Established Member
The Ford ones have two different types. M-1007-R50 has U shaped spokes and M-1007-R58 has the V shaped spokes. However the chrome R's M-1007-C58 only are the V shaped. The V shaped M-1007-R58 and M-1007-C58 look better than the U shaped. I'm sure the aftermarket have the same type differences.

bobbys97r

Established Member
KotnmthKng said:
I never even thought about the weight difference. Would it be bad to have two different weight wheels in the back?

the weight will be such a small difference it wouldnt matter as long as you keep the same tire size you will be good

KotnmthKng

Established Member
97riocobra2 said:
The Ford ones have two different types. M-1007-R50 has U shaped spokes and M-1007-R58 has the V shaped spokes. However the chrome R's M-1007-C58 only are the V shaped. The V shaped M-1007-R58 and M-1007-C58 look better than the U shaped. I'm sure the aftermarket have the same type differences.

I have been looking around and aparentley ford made a reproduction chrome R part number M-1007-R50C with the U shaped spokes.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=M1007R50C%20%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

Im pretty sure I have the orignal Ford M-1007-C58 Chrome R's. The cheapest I could find a new one is $240 from speedconcepts.com

GREGSVT

Banned
I researched this before I bought both sets of mine.. Ford does make 2 different wheels..

M-1007-R50
Style2.jpg

M-1007-R58
Style1.jpg

M-1007-R50C
chrome1.jpg

M-1007-C58
chrome2.jpg

I have the M-1007-C58 on the cobra..

cobrar2.jpg

cobrar.jpg

side.jpg

Pic of the M-1007-R58* on the v6..

coolpic.jpg

You can purchase these through any dealer or at fordracingparts.com..

The R58's have the number on the outside.. R50's inside..

Go for the OEMS..

Hope this clears it up..:rockon:

Last edited:

GREGSVT

Banned
I did the research because when i bought mine they sent me 3 R58s and 1 R50.. Then claimed they were all the same..:fm:

emblem KIA 620KG

If you have a pic.. I can tell ya which it is and its its Ford..

All aftermarket 95 rs won't have the numbers by the valve..

KotnmthKng

Established Member
Well I'm almost positive I have the 58s, I just want to make sure they are Ford rims.

This is the best pic I have right now, Im at work. You can see there are some letters by the valve. Looks like it might say the same thing.

DSC02486.jpg

GREGSVT

Banned
Yeah Man.. Those are the Ford C58's..

I have a brand new R50 in the box.. but thats not gonna help you..

When I had to get a R58 to match my other 3.. I just went to my Ford dealer with the stock #..

The chromes are kinda expensive..

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5034

Good thing you still have the center cap.. They cost a fortune also..

How bad is the rim messed up? What happened?

KotnmthKng

Established Member
I have pics on my camera at home, its pretty bad. I peice of the lip about 3 inches long is broken and sticking out about 2 inches. I lost traction on a curve and hit a guard rail.

I have a seller lined up now, hes just double checking its a C58.

Thanks again for the help, you saved me a lot of time and prolly a few bucks.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread