Do I use Fox shocks and struts or just struts?

bzubke1

Established Member
I've searched and found that some people use fox body shocks and struts for a lowered sn95 while others are using just the fox struts. Which is better or does it even matter at all. :shrug:

Toasty

Established Member
Call maxiumum motorsports tech line. Tell them what you want to do with your car. They'll suggest a spring/strut/shock/components package. You dont need to buy anything from them.

bzubke1

Established Member
How does the car handle compared to stock with the supersports? Also what shocks and struts?

bzubke1

Established Member
I emailed them and this is what they told me.

"Lowered" or "fox" front struts should only be used on 1994-2004 cars that are 1.5+" lower than stock and not using caster/camber plates. Caster/camber plates regain valuable suspension travel on lowered vehicles by mounting the struts up higher in the engine bay. This will help prevent bottom out and further improve ride quality.

Since you intend to purchase caster/camber plates, you will want the stock length struts for your 95. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your interest in Maximum Motorsports product.

So now i'm thinking i'll just get the fox shocks and not get the c/c plates. My only concern is that i've always heard that c/c plates were a must when lowering your car..

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
So now i'm thinking i'll just get the fox shocks and not get the c/c plates. My only concern is that i've always heard that c/c plates were a must when lowering your car..

Don't take the easy way out dude.
Buy the 94-04 shocks/struts and a pair of c/c plates

bzubke1

Established Member
Yeah I've learned my lesson on my last vehicle by half assing mods. I've decided to go with sn95 tokico blue shocks and struts, MM caster camber plates, and h&r supersports.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Yeah I've learned my lesson on my last vehicle by half assing mods. I've decided to go with sn95 tokico blue shocks and struts, MM caster camber plates, and h&r supersports.

Good setup i have the same but i am using bilstein struts and shocks, You will be completely satisfied with how much better your cobra handles,the H&R's will give your car a nice aggressive stance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread