FINALLY!!! New Paint!

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
It has been a long wait and it is finally painted. I still have to smoke my taillights and bumper reflectors. I also have to prep and paint my S281 wing. but for the most part it is done! oh yeah. it still needs to be buffed and emblems put on. All my emblems are black chrome to match the wheels as some of you may remember.

The color is GM sunburst orange with added synthetic pearl.
100_1193.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1201.jpg

100_1208.jpg

100_1209.jpg

100_1210.jpg

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Very nice... If you dont mind whats a ballpark for a good paintjob? I was thinking like 5k

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Very nice... If you dont mind whats a ballpark for a good paintjob? I was thinking like 5k

Thanks guys!

I guess $5k would be an average price for good color change.

I only spent about $600 since I work part-time at a Corvette Restoration shop. I paid for the materials and did the body work and prep myself. then the owner sprayed it for me. My body work isn't perfect but I learned a lot and this is my daily driver for now anyways.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Beautiful, Tony. That pearl really makes the color do it's job. I'd be extremely proud to drive that Cobra on the streets, getting all the good stares from everyone else!

Watch out for all those pebbles on the road ... our Texas gravel haulers like to screw-up the roads every chance they get. Damn gravel trucks!

:banana::pepper::beer::pepper::banana:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Beautiful, Tony. That pearl really makes the color do it's job. I'd be extremely proud to drive that Cobra on the streets, getting all the good stares from everyone else!

Watch out for all those pebbles on the road ... our Texas gravel haulers like to screw-up the roads every chance they get. Damn gravel trucks!

:banana::pepper::beer::pepper::banana:

no joke! been driving it since monday and noticed one rock chip in the front bumper already. no big deal, its a driver with 193k to prove it..lol

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Thanks guys!

I guess $5k would be an average price for good color change.

I only spent about $600 since I work part-time at a Corvette Restoration shop. I paid for the materials and did the body work and prep myself. then the owner sprayed it for me. My body work isn't perfect but I learned a lot and this is my daily driver for now anyways.

You don't work at the corvette shop right outside of longview, do you? Does the owner have a REALLY nice black 60 something corvette? And his daughter a late 60's early 70's vette with ghost flames?

Users who are viewing this thread