My PHP Short Runner pics.& many more

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Here are some old photos of my intake and many others. 10 years ago I started this scrap book. There have been many changes but, this is how it is now.
Thanks for looking.

img025.jpg

img024.jpg

img022.jpg

exhaustSystem.jpg

img002.jpg

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

img021.jpg

img001-1.jpg

img017.jpg

img026.jpg

NOTE: When I ran the 11.66@114 I had steeda alum lowers, steeda adj. uppers, "B" Springs on the front and back, Tokico Illumina 5 way out back, UPR Power Pipe, Steeda firewall adjuster and alum. quadrant, and a Custom DF Clutch manufacture unknown.(Made in Canada) I should have just left it alone.
NO Home made power pipe, NO anti-roll bar, NO coil-overs, NO Strange shocks and NO CHE axle brace.
The car weighted 3290 with driver. Everything else you see in the pics was on the car during that pass. The motor is a stock long block N/A. The valve covers have never been removed the motor has never been out of the car.

P5110007.jpg

img007.jpg

2007championshipIMSM.jpg

Pts-9-13-09-sun-116.jpg

img7285w.jpg

These last 2 pics are a good way to make your car atleast 1 tenth slower. Loose lots of time picking up the tires off the ground on such a low HP car. (Moroso Trick front springs)
morosowheelie780pix.jpg

img008.jpg

Last edited:

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Very nice Car. It goes to show that a B headded car can REALLY perform well with the right set up. And one hell of a driver!

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
How does your car sound with the bullets turned down? Is it obnoxious?

I was thinking about running bullets with full length tails

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
How does your car sound with the bullets turned down? Is it obnoxious?

I was thinking about running bullets with full length tails

I have them. They make men in China cover their ears.

Danny- nice post. I was going down that list and saying "yep I got that, that too, uh huh, ditto, lol"

Although I'd kill for some of that DA you have up there. Fl weather sucks.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Yes men in china hold their ears. If you want loud then good. It took like 4 year for me to say it's a lil loud. They fit so nice with the custom Dr. Gas pipe.
It going to be a project to refit bigger muffs under there. The last muff I had were (2.5" Dynomax race magnums) muffs and they sounded perfect when opened up and mellow at all other times. If you do tail pipes the bullets might me just do able!
Bought a new all in one (scanner) yesterday and thought I would celebrate with some pics.

Last edited:

SVT CAMR

Established Member
I have them. They make men in China cover their ears.

Danny- nice post. I was going down that list and saying "yep I got that, that too, uh huh, ditto, lol"

Although I'd kill for some of that DA you have up there. Fl weather sucks.

Thats funny! Make the trip up here in october. Actually right now the weather is awesome...mostly at night when the temp drop to mid to high fourtys. A little dew on the track. Up there in cheese head land Wisconsin they can prep a track. I will be up there Sunday for IMSM Racing Series, Street Intimidator. I heard double payouts for all classes.
What is that place in Maryland that has mine shaft air? is it MIR? That would not be that far from you. I'm telling you that kind of air gets that extra tenth we all search for. I have found it twice. Now with 3 kids I'm lucky if I get to the track 8 times a year and they are usually index events. Back in the day I would have a new clutch and fresh slicks in October waiting for that cold air.
Lately it seems like May is a great month for great air. By then the track should also be hooking.
I was out at Byron a couple a weeks ago with the HDRA doing some Bracket racing they had the track like super glue. The wrinkles in the slicks were like I have never seen. The slick are from last year. Anyway I had full interior with jack and spare,full mach 460, and a full tank of gas. Right around 3560 lbs. went 12.261,12.281,12.295 in qualifying. Red lit in the first round -.030 HDRA is doing like 6 races this year at Byron. IMSM is doing 10 races this year. There is a ton of racing going on out here. You also have the TRUE STREET (TSDRA). And one of the best is The Nitrous street car Brawl series. That is Bad ass Period! You got the chicago wise guys there. You get a nice show. To top it off at both tracks are fan friendly and you are right there in the action as close as you want to be.

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Nice track time:beer: I like how you kept track of your mods. I wish I had done that from the beginning with mine.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Nice track time:beer: I like how you kept track of your mods. I wish I had done that from the beginning with mine.
It's never to late to start. Mine were mostly pictures. I just recently starting scanning the pages in the scrap book. Thanks for looking.

Mid 11's with bolton's, a trans, a good intake, and a tune? Pretty good.

That time slip is in A++ air 1/4 tank of gas. Mach 460, passenger seat, rear seat, Jack and spare tire have been all removed. In the summer heat like that it will run 11.99-11.96's all day.
The last 2 years I put all the interior, stereo, seats, spare and jack back in along with a full tank of gas and 2 week ago in average air it went a 12.26 at 109 bracket racing. Keep in mind the car does not run 11.6's anytime it want to. That was just my best run. The short runner was a huge increase in useable power at the track.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice mods.
Did you notice a difference when you added the axle brace? I've been considering one.
Do they simply bolt-in or is it a process to get it all lined up. They obviously wotk with girdles too, right?

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Nice mods.
Did you notice a difference when you added the axle brace? I've been considering one.
Do they simply bolt-in or is it a process to get it all lined up. They obviously wotk with girdles too, right?

No not a difference just for alittle insurance. For all I know it may not be needed when the tubes are welded properly.
As far as girdles go the brace would be facing forward in front of the rearend and not have any effect on the girdle located in back. You would have to remove the vibration dampener permanently (dogbone) to install brace. Your is probably gone any way.
It should just bolt in when the rear end axle tubes are straight. You will need to drill out the 2 holes that held the dog bone on the rear. They just need to be drilled alittle. as for the rest it straight forward.
IMO I wouldn't bother with any brace if the car is not seeing extreme duty though. The main thing would be getting the rearend straightened and the tubes welded. Like I said the brace was more for insurance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread