looking for interest...

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
I have a Mark VIII and the cobra obviously, but on LVC a guy is trying to find the interest for a prototype intake manifold to use the Eaton M112 supercharger on a B-head DOHC. here is the thread over there [ame="http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=57274"]Supercharger Intake Manifold[/ame]

There are a lot of lincoln guys interested and the O.P. of the thread is wondering how many of us Cobra guys would be interested. Let me know or sign up for LVC and post something. THanks guys:beer::beer::beer:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Cool, but still non-intercooled?

I would have interest in it, but would want to see it working on a car before I committed myself to anything.

mackj66

Established Member
The plain and simple answer is.......EVERYONE IS INTERESTED!!!!!!!!!!
Just get it done already!!!!!!!!! :)

Toasty

Established Member
Since I already own a KB 1.5 on my B-headed car I can tell you that it really wont be worth it unless he builds in an intercooler. Intake Air Temps on my KB are a mofo, and are bound to be worse with a Heaton.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
There is a lot of interest in this considering how many eaton swap threads get posted in here. If he can get an intercooler to work it will be good as gold.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
An intercooler is a must as meth injection is a PITA to deal with.

Would this require the entire "drive" setup from an 03/04, i.e, the front cover, pulley bridge, lower pulley, lower alternator mount, etc.?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
An intercooler is a must as meth injection is a PITA to deal with.

Would this require the entire "drive" setup from an 03/04, i.e, the front cover, pulley bridge, lower pulley, lower alternator mount, etc.?

I would hope that it wouldn't. Otherwise whats the point. If I'm going through all that trouble then I might as well get the better C heads and the guarantee that the intercooler will work with the setup.

94venomV8

Established Member
agree with above, #1 if it cant work with an intercooler then why not just buy a 2.1L that is built for the car and run meth, you can run higher boost with the 2.1L then you can with the eaton. And #2 If you have change everything to 03 cobra setup then why spend the time and money on this, just do a swap then you can put a intercooled 2.6L or bigger on. I think these companies need to step up and stop being stupid, there is obviously a market for us SN95 guys and I for one would rater go PD blower if it could make the power I want and was intercooled.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I want a god damn intercooler lol!!!! really what needs to happen is we need to convince vortech who just stepped into the P/D blower world to make one for our cars and steel the entire market from KB since they dont want to fix the major issue with their product which is heat soak

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I want a god damn intercooler lol!!!! really what needs to happen is we need to convince vortech who just stepped into the P/D blower world to make one for our cars and steel the entire market from KB since they dont want to fix the major issue with their product which is heat soak

Do a C-head swap and buy an intercooled KB and it's done. C heads are cheap, provide more pre-boost power and are a better head overall.

The problem isn't heat soak, the problem is that when you pressurize anything its temperature rises.

I think these companies need to step up and stop being stupid, there is obviously a market for us SN95 guys and I for one would rater go PD blower if it could make the power I want and was intercooled.

If the companies thought they would make money by producing something they would. In this case they wouldn't so they aren't going to put the resources into making it.

mackj66

Established Member
I am sure I am not alone when I say this....
But, if there was a PD blower that was intercooled for our cars, I would be more than willing to drop thousands of dollars more on my car to make it what I really want, which is a high horsepower toy.
Instead, I am just setting my sights on something else in the future, and turning the keys to the cobra over to my wife.
Man, I wish we had this intercooled blower option!!!!!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I am sure I am not alone when I say this....
But, if there was a PD blower that was intercooled for our cars, I would be more than willing to drop thousands of dollars more on my car to make it what I really want, which is a high horsepower toy.
Instead, I am just setting my sights on something else in the future, and turning the keys to the cobra over to my wife.
Man, I wish we had this intercooled blower option!!!!!

You do have the option, switch heads and go with the 99/01 KB.

Last edited:

94m5

Established Member
Hey guys,

I've been on the phone with Bell intercoolers and have found a core that will work with the manifold I've already designed. Head on over to LVC and look at some of the renderings on the bottom of page 3. It looks promising to me.

I'm thinking the end tanks will have to be fabricated and welded to the cores by me to save costs, but I think it is doable.

stockmach1

Established Member
I just don't get it, some guys are willing to spend thousands of dollars to "have a high hp car" but won't buy c heads and do it BETTER for about the same price...... Let me step over this 100hp to pick up 80......

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I just don't get it, some guys are willing to spend thousands of dollars to "have a high hp car" but won't buy c heads and do it BETTER for about the same price...... Let me step over this 100hp to pick up 80......

I came to the same conclusion so I plan on doing a "C" head swap and a intercooled 2.1 KB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread