what should my friend do to his new cobra?

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
Whats up guys. One of my good friends just got a 97 cobra passed down to him.. he loves the car, but refuses to put any mods on it bc he has had back luck in the past with other cars and mods.. I am trying to explain how this car is not a rice burning POS that will break on him, and want him to throw a few things on there. What parts does this car respond well to? Lookin for some added RELIABLE power, nothing that is gonna cause problems. Thanks! :beer:

cobracide

Established Member
Not a Terminator.

It's NA so choices are limited but the usual.

Headers, catback, RAI, ported lower intake, springs, shocks, Same mods on a 2001 Cobra gave me 320 rwhp.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
So now it's in the right forum...

You can check the "worthwhile mods" sticky at the top of the forum.

Don't use an RAI, it should be called an HAI for hot air intake because that's what it does.

Get a JLT cold air if you're keeping it NA, at the very least 4:10 gears, longtube headers, x-pipe, steeda underdrive pulleys, billet shifter (needs stops), clean IMRC's or delete, aluminum ds, a tune, then some NO2 if you want too, those are the cheapest

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
lol i knew you would be on alert jimmy.. thankfully i got the info i needed before the thread was deleted

As you can now easily see this thread is not deleted, if it were, you would not be able to view it.

It is moved to the correct forum where you have already gotten a VERY helpful post.

I still think he should clean his IMRCs though.:-D:beer:

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
very true thanks folks. just wanted some quick info about the car so i could tell him what to do.. unfortunately he had a cold air on his rsx and drove it through a puddle so it sucked water into the motor and now its shot.. i dont think a cold-air will be goin on this one.

I have a RAI for my 03, you think im losing power by running this? alot of guys recommend the JLT RAI so thats what i went with.

My94GT

Established Member
what are your friends goals for the car?? that alone can help set a better road map as to which direction he should go with in mods.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
if he wants basic...no biased opinions..sound cool and give a little hp...
Offroad H or X his choice and a catback Like flows, macs, magnaflow etc..
Then get a Pro 5.0 Shifter for the T-45
Then if he wants a tad more just get 373s..and he should be content and dont mess with anythign else after that because it requires a ton of trial and error and teardown..trust me

98fourvalve

Established Member
^ I'll agree with this. However 3.73 for a n/a b 4v is LAME! 4.10s or higher or don't waste your time.

Steeper gears will be the best bang for buck. At least for the seat of the pants feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread