Considering selling Roush/Alcon Brake kit

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
So I have an all stock '98 cobra and I've been looking at freeing up some cash and getting a few new parts for it. I currently have the Roush/Alcon 14" Big Brake kit just sitting it the boxs it came in. The original plan was to put the on my '95 before it got wrecked. Never installed or mounted so I figure I could get some decient cash for them. Has anyone seen these on the market recently? I've done some searching but haven't found anything recent to base my sale off of. I guess the price I could sell them for would dictate whether I keep and install them when I have more power or sell them and use the cash for an intake, shifter, gears, springs etc...
What do you guys think?

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
I may be way off here, but if I remember right, pads are near impossible to find for the Alcon calipers. But you should try to confirm that as I am not 100% positive.

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
I'm leaning heavily torward selling them. I just can't justify having them at this time. I would need new rims just to install them. Also the money could be spent somewhere more useful right now.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm leaning heavily torward selling them. I just can't justify having them at this time. I would need new rims just to install them. Also the money could be spent somewhere more useful right now.

I might be interested in these if the price turns out to be right.
Which rotors are with this version of this kit? There was some variations at different stages of the sales posted on these, with the price being heavily effected by which rotors were used in the kit.

This is the 4 piston 14" kit correct?

Also what wheels are you currently running?
Would you be open to a cash plus trade arrangement with some 4 piston silver Brembo Focus RS calipers(same as Y2KR Cobra but in silver not black) plus two sets of 13" Cobra rotors and a selection of very used and partly used street and race pads from Galfer and Carbotech? The brakes I just described are currently on my 04 and will fit under ANY 17"X9" OE Cobra wheels, they also fit under OE 1998 Cobra 17X8" wheels. Those are the only 17X8s that do fit though.

Last edited:

sn95Cobrakai

Established Member
The kit I got came with
Alcon 4 piston Calipers with pads
Steel Braided Brake Lines
one piece 14 inch Slotted Rotors
front and rear Caliper Brackets
one piece 13 inch slotted rotors
Harware
I think the rotors are zinc coated.
Like I stated before I bought them originally to go on my 95 which was getting to the point of needing some more stopping power. unfortunatly it got wrecked before I had the chance so the brakes have been sitting around. I currently have a 98 with OE cobra 17x8 rims and the stock cobra brakes are plenty for now. I would really just want to get my money that I spent out of selling them. No more and no less. I'm more in the market for freeing up power and chassis support than brakes at this moment. Ive was thinking I could buy several items on my "to buy" list with the cash it frees up. Items I was looking to pick from are a jlt intake, sub frame connectors, tri-ax shifter, steeda sport springs, clutch quadrant/adjuster, steeda underdrive pulleys, maybe 3.73 or 4.10 gears. I did see a sweet sfc kit from "Stifflers" which has a web-type design but its $420. Or I could just scrap half of all that and try for a Borla xr-1 or s-type catback if I can find one or get it fabricated for a decent price.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The kit I got came with
Alcon 4 piston Calipers with pads
Steel Braided Brake Lines
one piece 14 inch Slotted Rotors
front and rear Caliper Brackets
one piece 13 inch slotted rotors
Harware
I think the rotors are zinc coated.
I would really just want to get my money that I spent out of selling them. No more and no less.

So how much would that be?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I had the same Roush/Alcon kit that I had bought for the car and then decided to sell it. Some days I kinda wished I had kept it. Paid for it (paid in 2008)what an M-2300-X kit is worth these days, sold it for the same price pretty much.

wheelhopper

Established Member
An earlier post mentiond something about the availability of the pads. They are easy to get. This Roush kit uses the same pads as a Porsche.

I lucked out when I got my kit. I paid $1100 for front and 13" rear. The only bad part is that rotors are real expensive for these now.

Users who are viewing this thread