FS: Good as new M-2300-X Brembo calipers + extras

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Want to see what interest I get in these since I am thinking of going to the Baer 6-piston caliper...

Have a completely re-built set of the 2000 Cobra R (M-2300-X) front Brembo calipers that are good as new. Have been stripped, professionally powder-coated, and re-built with all new pads, seals, boots, banjo bolts, crush washers, speed-bleeders (with Brembo caps) and bridge tubes - they are essentially brand new! These will bolt right up to your existing SN95 spindles and use the OEM 13" rotor.

They also come with brand new Goodridge braided SS lines & extra bleeder caps (NOT SHOWN) and another set of brand new Brembo/Galfer pads. Will also include a couple sets of the "Brembo" decal for the body of the caliper in case the curent ones come off. Have a bunch of Brembo files with specs and a parts list that I will send along too.

I have a whole bunch of $$$ in these, so if I can't get what I am asking, then I will keep them. You probably won't see these in silver, but they look real nice!! Would like to get $950 for the whole package:

P1020022.jpg

P1020025.jpg

P1020032.jpg

Brembo_07695312.jpg

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Just as an FYI, if you put all this together - assuming you can score a decent set of used calipers for usually around $500, it breaks down like this:

Calipers: $500
Pads (2 sets): 150
Powder coating: 200
Boots & Seals: 75
Speed bleeders: 25
SS Lines: 75

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
Off topic: Nice! I have a set on a Cobra I just purchased and the silver will definitely match the paint. Who'd you go to for the powder coating? And does Brembo sell the decals for the cailipers seperately?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Off topic: Nice! I have a set on a Cobra I just purchased and the silver will definitely match the paint. Who'd you go to for the powder coating? And does Brembo sell the decals for the cailipers seperately?

Found a place that does mostly Viper stuff that has been powder-coating them for years. They did a nice job on these. They are in Buffalo, NY:

R&J Distributing | Welcome To R&J's VIPER World

The decals can be found all over eBay, but unfortunately are just vinyl - definitely not as good as the original ones from Brembo. It's probably a good thing that I got a few sets.

where did you buy the boots and seals from?

The guys that did the coating supplied them from Brembo, but they are expensive if you try and buy them. Best place to go is StopTech since they are relatively generic for 36mm & 40mm pistons. I'll look up the part numbers later, but there are plenty of places on the internet that sell them as a package deal.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
These completely eliminated my pad taper issue I was getting on my 2 piston PBRs.

Not only do these look awesome inside the stock wheel(any 17x9 Cobra wheel) they also work GREAT! The repeatability of hard core open track stopping goes up by a bunch!

Good luck with the sale!

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
These completely eliminated my pad taper issue I was getting on my 2 piston PBRs.

Not only do these look awesome inside the stock wheel(any 17x9 Cobra wheel) they also work GREAT! The repeatability of hard core open track stopping goes up by a bunch!

Good luck with the sale!

Worst case, I'm sure I could get very good use out of them!!

The Baer calipers sure are nice too, and as a bonus, the guys at Baer are so much better to deal with than those at Brembo:rollseyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread