Brake pads for street use

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
I just had my stock rotors resurfaced and balanced due to a slight to moderate pulsation during hard braking at significant speeds. I am looking to upgrade the stock pads with a performance pad that works better than stock at all operating temps and speeds, also a pad that isn't noisy or horribly dusty. The car is used mainly on the street and a trip down the 1320 here and there - no auto cross. Any advice from your past experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Kris

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`m running Hawk HPS.I don`t have any noise(some say they do),but they`re a bit on the dusty side.You might want to check out the ceramics,I don`t have experiance with them though!

Fat-cat

Established Member
Jimmy would know i hear he abuses the shit out of all kinds on the road course. :) anyway the hawk HPS's are a great all around pad but they tend to dust allot so you have to clean your wheels all the time

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy would know i hear he abuses the shit out of all kinds on the road course. :) anyway the hawk HPS's are a great all around pad but they tend to dust allot so you have to clean your wheels all the time

:beer:

I'll be buying a set of rears soon.

Brake dust + chrome wheels + moisture = PIA to get clean again:nonono:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I just had my stock rotors resurfaced and balanced due to a slight to moderate pulsation during hard braking at significant speeds. I am looking to upgrade the stock pads with a performance pad that works better than stock at all operating temps and speeds, also a pad that isn't noisy or horribly dusty. The car is used mainly on the street and a trip down the 1320 here and there - no auto cross. Any advice from your past experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Kris

What you're asking for here really doesn't exist. Any pad you choose will be a trade off in one of these areas:

works good at cold temps
works good at high temps
works well in stop and go city traffic
works well in stopping the car from 100 mph
doesn't dust
doesn't squeal
long lasting, easy on rotors

I figured someone would have something to say about my post, just looking for an upgraded pad over stock. Thanks for your advice.

John was simply telling you a few facts about brake pads.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
ordered carbotech 1521's for both front and rear, I spoke with junior and he actually spoke with me for some time, great guy. Thanks again jimmysidecarr

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I put EBC Yellowstuff pads on my car last year. They work great cold and get better the hotter they get. They are quiet. They do produce moderate dust, or maybe a lot depending on what you are used to. They are ~$95 for the fronts and ~$80 for the rears. So far so good.

Before the EBC set I used Satisfied Gran Sport pads. They're rated at around 700F and I melted them. They worked really good on the street though: No dust, no noise, and decent stopping (much better than stock). They are cheap at around $50-$60 per axle.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
I put EBC Yellowstuff pads on my car last year. They work great cold and get better the hotter they get. They are quiet. They do produce moderate dust, or maybe a lot depending on what you are used to. They are ~$95 for the fronts and ~$80 for the rears. So far so good.

Before the EBC set I used Satisfied Gran Sport pads. They're rated at around 700F and I melted them. They worked really good on the street though: No dust, no noise, and decent stopping (much better than stock). They are cheap at around $50-$60 per axle.

Yellowstuff is amazing. They bite well.

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

I have had the Hawks and a couple other companys brake pads. I would have to say the best street pad for me is the Wagner Thermoquiets hands down. There quiet no dust and stop just like the factory pads. They actually stop unbelievable. There No.1 in my book and you can get them at a local auto parts store. I also have them on my SRT8 Jeep in the front which use's a Brembo braking system and there awesome on that also. Good luck

xzi

Banned
link

May I ask where did you end up purchasing the pads from? and cost?
(link to site)

I'm due and just started my search on what to get/go with.

Users who are viewing this thread