Anybody run this brakes?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
That uses the stock 13" rotors.:shrug::dw:

The improvements are going to be reduced pad taper(if you track), delayed onset of fade because of more fluid volume(if you track), and enhanced bling factor for major pantie droppin yo!(if you do what ever is involved for that)

I would call them for wheel clearance if this kit does it for ya. I would not expect measurable stopping distance improvements though.

Notice how the benefits carefully avoid claiming that.
It would be a similar mod to the 4 piston Brembo caliper mod, but I would wonder about pad prices and pad availability.

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Tried the search button but not working for some reason.
Anybody running these big brakes since i am about to get them for some braking power.

Will this fit an 17 inch rim?
Kinda suprised they coat less than the Cobra R brembo brake kit.

BAER 6 PISTON RED BRAKE CALIPER UPGRADE KIT 1994-2004 | CJ Pony Parts

If you spend some time on Baer's web site, you will find templates for wheel clearance. Uses Corvette pads, so they will be easy to find (the four-piston version uses a Camaro pad).

Had I not scored my Brembo's inexpensively, I would have used these or even the four-piston version in a heartbeat...

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you spend some time on Baer's web site, you will find templates for wheel clearance. Uses Corvette pads, so they will be easy to find (the four-piston version uses a Camaro pad).

Had I not scored my Brembo's inexpensively, I would have used these or even the four-piston version in a heartbeat...

I should have know Baer would have thought out pad availability, they are an excellent company, and have been making GREAT brake products HERE IN THE USA, for a good long time.

With a Vette pad this is a great deal!:rockon::thumbsup:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I should have know Baer would have thought out pad availability, they are an excellent company, and have been making GREAT brake products HERE IN THE USA, for a good long time.

With a Vette pad this is a great deal!:rockon::thumbsup:

Yeah, I have mentioning these for some time! You can actually get their aluminum four-piston radial-mount calipers for around $800 (kinda' like the way FRPP used to sell the Focus RS Brembo set), which really is a nice deal.

Baer Brake Systems | Performance you can See!

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/img/highres/IMG_2563.JPG

The entire kit is actually about $1100, but I talked to a guy at Baer who said they would sell the calipers and mounting brackets separately if you already have rotors.

Had I not scored a Brembo set for real cheap, I would have bought these for sure. Even nicer, you can get them powder coated in red, black, or silver. Brembo still makes a great caliper, but getting parts, components, or information from them is a real nightmare!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Yeah, I have mentioning these for some time! You can actually get their aluminum four-piston radial-mount calipers for around $800 (kinda' like the way FRPP used to sell the Focus RS Brembo set), which really is a nice deal.

Baer Brake Systems | Performance you can See!

http://www.baer.com/products/complete/img/highres/IMG_2563.JPG

The entire kit is actually about $1100, but I talked to a guy at Baer who said they would sell the calipers and mounting brackets separately if you already have rotors.

Had I not scored a Brembo set for real cheap, I would have bought these for sure. Even nicer, you can get them powder coated in red, black, or silver. Brembo still makes a great caliper, but getting parts, components, or information from them is a real nightmare!

I need a 14" rotor, so I'll be selling my Brembo set up and all the rotors to some lucky guy somewhere along the line.
I'm sure a Vintage Venom F14 kit would lower my brake expense eventually.
The 13" rotors are mismatched to remove the brake heat from a car that's this heavy yet is also this fast. Can't do it now but unless Used BOSS 302s end up being a lot cheaper than I think they will, I'll be tracking this car.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The Vintage Venom kit is nice, but you could put together a Baer 6-piston caliper and 14" rotor kit for less!!

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
I would get them if I can run them or the 4 piston ones with my rk's. I dont think they will be even close to clearing.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The Vintage Venom kit is nice, but you could put together a Baer 6-piston caliper and 14" rotor kit for less!!

You have received a quote on this? I would love to see the price.
I have looked over their web site and it is very difficult to determine pricing at all.
The catalog I down loaded and it is an absolute nightmare.
I don't want to call and bother someone when I am not ready to buy, I just want prices.

I also would want plain rotors, although slotted would be OK.
Holes, definitely are NOT!

I find it hard to believe they have rotors less expensive than GT500 rotors, though they probably do have calipers that are less expensive than the F14 Brembo.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
You have received a quote on this? I would love to see the price.
I have looked over their web site and it is very difficult to determine pricing at all.
The catalog I down loaded and it is an absolute nightmare.
I don't want to call and bother someone when I am not ready to buy, I just want prices.

I also would want plain rotors, although slotted would be OK.
Holes, definitely are NOT!

I find it hard to believe they have rotors less expensive than GT500 rotors, though they probably do have calipers that are less expensive than the F14 Brembo.

Yeah, Baer's website is a real pain, you pretty much have to call or e-mail them to get better information.

Anyway, as I understand it, their upgrade systems all start with the PBR kit, which of course uses the SN-95 spindle. I am fairly certain that if you go to the four- or six-piston kits, you can buy the calipers and they bolt right on. The six-piston caliper upgrade (which I think was what the OP was looking at), is around $1000. You can do the four-piston kit for around $800. This is the cost without rotors, although the best prices I have found for Baer products has been at CJ Pony parts.

I haven't dug around too much more since I still have a "new" set of Brembo's, but another thing I noticed is that their Eradispeed rotors seem to all be drilled - not sure if you can get them slotted only. Maybe for pure street driving, the drilling works fine for them. Anyway, I had a template sent to me for the six-piston caliper by one of their reps, but I inadvertantly deleted it. If I were to purchase from them, I would just e-mail him back and get more information. In many ways, I think their four-piston caliper might be better than the Brembo!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
This sounds like a great deal to me if you can get the Corvette pads in all sorts of compounds. Even though it's a 13" setup, you're still getting 6 pistons and you can buy stock replacement two piece rotors from Baer, DBA, or other sources.

This looks to be the same caliper (or very similar) to the one used on the Shelby Super Snake, which I've heard got great reviews.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This sounds like a great deal to me if you can get the Corvette pads in all sorts of compounds. Even though it's a 13" setup, you're still getting 6 pistons and you can buy stock replacement two piece rotors from Baer, DBA, or other sources.

This looks to be the same caliper (or very similar) to the one used on the Shelby Super Snake, which I've heard got great reviews.

I doubt it.

If it fits Cobra 13" rotors it isn't going to fit that 14" Super Snake rotor, which has got to be thicker, I would imagine.

I looked into running GT500 rotors with my R style Brembo 4 piston calipers.
NO BUENO the calipers were not wide enough for the thicker GT500 rotors, even with the thinner Viper pads.
I bummed.:nonono:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yeah, I think the six-piston caliper is for the 14" rotor (Baer is now making the calipers for Shelby), but there might be a 13" kit as well. You have to dig through Baer's site to figure it all out...

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I doubt it.

If it fits Cobra 13" rotors it isn't going to fit that 14" Super Snake rotor, which has got to be thicker, I would imagine.

I looked into running GT500 rotors with my R style Brembo 4 piston calipers.
NO BUENO the calipers were not wide enough for the thicker GT500 rotors, even with the thinner Viper pads.
I bummed.:nonono:

Yes, it is the same caliper. I have the Super Snake set-up on my 06 (6-p Baer calipers w/Shelby engraving, 14" 2-piece rotors) and the kit that's available for the 94-04s (in both 13" and 14" rotors) uses the same caliper. It is an amazing kit. I wouldn't get any other brakes for any car.

I absolutely will be getting this kit in 13" (same price as a 14" rotor kit) for my Cobra once my pads wear out.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
does anyone know if this kit will clear our stock wheels?

Edit: I am dumb. Says "it may not clear stock wheels"
I wonder if 18's will clear?

Last edited:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
It will clear with 18" wheels and it may even clear some 17" wheels. You can get a template from Baer to be sure. Didn't find it on the site, but one of their guys e-mailed it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread