03 cobra brakes?

skeetscobra03

Established Member
ok i have changed out brake calipers before, i am getting them powdercoated but i 1st looked at the front calipers and dont see the upper and lower bolt to take it off the rotor. so i looked at the back ones and those look like all other brake caliper that i have taken off. so how do these ones come off.
thanks guys for the help.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Use a light!:rollseyes

There is a bracket that the caliper slides back and forth on.
If you can't get this caliper off, you might want to think about paying someone else to do it.

This is one of the easiest to work on brake set ups on the planet.
1242085119388347.jpg

DE07GT

Established Member
You pull the e-clip off the pin at the bottom of the caliper. Then it slides right out and the caliper is free of the bracket. The two bolts holding the bracket are pretty obvious.

sonicblew

Established Member
I like how some members are condescending to others on here when they have a simple question (a couple posts above this). I know i didn't know to look for a pin with an e clip the first time i took mine apart. I'd never had a caliper like that before nor the owners manual to find the answer. A little looking around and i figured it out.
anyway good luck with the brakes. they are really easy once you get them figured out. :beer:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
That's because a huge number of posts here can be answered if the OP's have a service manual, owners manuals, and even the SVT Supplement that came with the car. All of those items can be had for $0 on line...

sonicblew

Established Member
That's because a huge number of posts here can be answered if the OP's have a service manual, owners manuals, and even the SVT Supplement that came with the car. All of those items can be had for $0 on line...

a simple answer can be had for $0 too. :idea:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
If your time is worth very little, have a ball.

Do it right the first time - have the knowledge you need before you turn a wrench:bored:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Oops, sorry man. Missed it. Thanks for being patient with me!

Users who are viewing this thread