Some new shoes for my Terminator!(R888s!!!)

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Well I finally decided on a set of rear tires for the Cobra. I was looking for a tire that could get me some great dry traction and incase of rain, some wet traction. This can be very difficult to find in a street tire, some go with drag radials for street driving but after one drive in the rain with my M/T ET Street drag radials, that was enough for me to say never again! Another downfall with drag radials are that they are not designed for their handling capabilities.

So after reading all of the above you can see I had my work cut out for me finding a set of rear tires that get great traction in the dry, decent wet, handle great oh and lets not forget look great! So after reading and doing lots of careful research I settled on the Toyo Proxes R888 in 315/35/18 and ordered up a set. They are a DOT approved road racing and autocross tire that a lot of other Guys have on their Cobra's, Vette's and GT500's and all have reported great traction with them on the street and at the track esspecially.

Below you'll find a few pics I snapped earlier today to share.
DSC_0618.jpg

DSC_0619.jpg

DSC_0620.jpg

Here's a pic of my lovely Daughter Calee modeling with the tires
DSC_0623.jpg

Here is a pic with 1 M/T ET drag radial 275/40/17, Toyo Proxes R888 315/30/18 and finally the Nitto 555R Drag radial 275/40/17.
DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0628.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

DSC_0631.jpg

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
The tires look so good I hardly noticed the different colored socks.;-)

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
i just bought a set of tires, once i beat them at the track i'm def getting a set of those

red351wcobra

Established Member
Great Tires!!! They are alittle pricey but,well worth the money. I will purchase another set when my wear down.. you won't be disappointed...

DHGTerminator

aka The "Bullsnake"
Established Member
Just got these tires and am waiting on my KB install/tuning to test them out. Picked them up for 350 shipped on eBay. I'm hearing great things about them, but i'll be sure to post of a vid of my own 'experience' :banana:

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
I tested them out for the first time down in Houston. They hook pretty good. I barely, just barely spun with them in 2nd at 45mph. Much improved from my old tires.

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
What rim width are you running for those?

They will be going on my 18x10 FR500's :rolling:

I tested them out for the first time down in Houston. They hook pretty good. I barely, just barely spun with them in 2nd at 45mph. Much improved from my old tires.

Good to hear, I got sick of burning my Nitto 555's off everytime I got on it in 2nd gear. :beer:

Teej281

Established Member
Not cheap, but an awesome choice for the back of a high powered Terminator.

Jimmy, this has nothing to do with your post. I HATE SEEING YOU POST BECAUSE IT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE THAT HOOD IN YOUR SIG!!!

Now, back to the topic at hand. NICE SNEAKERS! :pepper:

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
I got them mounted today but never got out for a drive yet as it was raining. For those of you with a keen eye you may notice something else different on the back of the Cobra...
DSC_0640.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0650.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread