H&R Race spring supporting mods

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
if your vert still has the factory bilstein struts/shocks, this is the time to upgrade to bilstein hd's or other appropriate rate shocks/struts to match the firmer h&r race spring. the verts do not come from the factory with as aggressive dampening bilsteins as the coupe do.....nor did they come from the factory with as aggressive a factory spring rate. optimum setup would be to upgrade those weak sauce valved factory vert bilsteins while you have it apart IMO.

Last edited:

M2k3Cobra

Established Member
Im thinking:

MM 1999-2004 MM Sport series Damper Package, IRS Mustang
MM Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2003-04 Cobra, chrome
MM Bumpsteer kit, 1994-04 Mustang, tapered-stud style
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors, 1979-04, powdercoated

VT4ever

Established Member
Do you plan on using iso's with those springs? It would be a good time to buy new ones if you are keeping them. I installed my springs without them.

cobracide

Established Member
Im thinking:

MM 1999-2004 MM Sport series Damper Package, IRS Mustang
MM Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2003-04 Cobra, chrome
MM Bumpsteer kit, 1994-04 Mustang, tapered-stud style
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors, 1979-04, powdercoated

Good research. Everything except the bumpsteer. You won't be lowered that much to need it.

Last edited:

VT4ever

Established Member
Leaving the iso's out can lower your car an additional half inch or so. I did it to lower the car further. Have not noticed any changes in NVH without them.

M2k3Cobra

Established Member
Just spoke to H&R and they do not recommend the race spring in the convertible (due to weight). They suggested the sport springs. I may be selling these...not too happy about staring at the box and not being able to use them.

Last edited:

VT4ever

Established Member
Just spoke to H&R and they do not recommend the race spring in the convertible (due to weight). They suggested the sport springs. I may be selling these...not too happy about staring at the box and not being able to use them.

Thought there are a lot of cobra verts rolling around on h&r race springs. I think it should be fine if i'm not mistaken. The sport springs are too soft IMO.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

The sport springs IMHO, SUCK and should only be used on V6 cars with a very light weight engine.

They will be WAY too low, in any Terminator.
I advise against this.:nonono:

Thought there are a lot of cobra verts rolling around on h&r race springs. I think it should be fine if i'm not mistaken. The sport springs are too soft IMO.

There are tons of verts running the H&R race springs, if he was not also doing the other mods his stock struts and shock would have been valved closer to the sports.

I believe that is the reason for the advice H&R gave.

Last edited:

04screamingvert

Established Member
I have the H&R race spring in my vert did the install myself last Oct . I did reuse the factory iso. Was hoping for the 1.5 inch drop but only got 1.2 in the back and .900 in the front. Over the winter they have come down some . Very happy with the ride.

M2k3Cobra

Established Member
5680509834_0deebc916f_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread