(17x10 wheels) terminator tire size!

GodStang

Established Member
Not all 315s are the same width. So people have to be more specific on tire. I think the 315s vary by about 2".

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Not all 315s are the same width. So people have to be more specific on tire. I think the 315s vary by about 2".

True, the Nitto 555 DR's seem to run a bit small. My 555's (non dr) were a great fit and width for me. I ran them with the MM IRS bolts and no spacer/no rubbing.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What ever you pick, jack the back of the car up and check your inside clearance at full droop.

When the suspension is fully extended is when the inside side wall is closest to the IRS subframe mounting bolt.

If it touches at full droop a spacer or a low profile bolt head will be needed to avoid cutting the inside of the tire.

The Sumitumo with the lowest tread wear number actually hooked like CRAP.

Not a big fan any more.

GodStang

Established Member
Great advice as always Jimmy. I cheated and used a grinder and ground down my bolt to 1/4" tall. Then spray painted it black so I could run 17x10.5" with M/T 315s.

Here is a tire cheater sheet. Does not have all but some major ones:
TIRESNew.jpg

What ever you pick, jack the back of the car up and check your inside clearance at full droop.

When the suspension is fully extended is when the inside side wall is closest to the IRS subframe mounting bolt.

If it touches at full droop a spacer or a low profile bolt head will be needed to avoid cutting the inside of the tire.

The Sumitumo with the lowest tread wear number actually hooked like CRAP.

Not a big fan any more.

Last edited:

th1zzl3r

Established Member
hey guys well i found a local guy sold me some brand spanking new nitto nt555 315 35 17 for $340 what do you guys think on that price? heres a pic of my wheels
CIMG1948.jpg

CIMG1949.jpg

CIMG1950.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread