Scottsdale 2013
Consignment # 3524
VIN: 1FAFP47H9YF223225
Run # F551
Approx. Run Time
Friday 8:36 PM - 8:56 PM

For further inquiries about this automobile click here
Russo and Steele - Collector Automobile Auctions

Vehicle to be offered for Auction sale WITHOUT RESERVE and SOLD to the highest bidder, January 16th-20th, 2013 at Russo and Steele's 13th Annual Scottsdale Arizona Auction. Please contact us for more information.

2000 Cobra R
Ford's top-of-the-line fire-breather is motivated by a 5.4-liter/385-horsepower high-revving (6500-rpm redline) DOHC V-8 with 385 pound-feet of torque. To shoehorn this howler into the regular Cobra's 4.6-liter/316-horsepower V-8's spot, new engine mounts and a lowering crossmember afford an extra 12 millimeters of clearance. But even so, the hood, with its bulging blister, barely closes over the high-rise, high-flow intake manifold.
Exhausting the spent gasses are stainless, short-tube headers, Cobra catalysts, a Bassani X-pipe, and three Borla mufflers. Said mufflers rumble out of dual oval outlets that exit on both sides in front of the rear tires. The side exhaust enables the installation of a 21-gallon fuel cell across the rear for race-day romps.
With only 300 made and regarded in many mustang circles as the best handling mustang ever built, this is a rare opportunity to own this fuel cell wearing race car legal for the streets. But this car is special even amongst that limited group of 300. This car was ordered by a gentleman who worked with John Coletti and Jack Rousch on the Cobra R project as the provider of the Dyno’s used to rate the horsepower. His only request when he ordered his car? To hand pick the motor and drivetrain with Jack Rousch after all the motors where dyno’d on all 300 cobra R’s. The result is that his car was fitted with the highest horsepower motor and most efficient drivetrain in the entire run. Own THE ONE of the 300 hundred and not just one of the 300!

harley56

Established Member
Sold for $34K, that includes both seller and buyers fees. I believe it hammered at $31K before commissions.

MarkSchaub

For the record, the 2000 Cobra R noted at the top of this thread is currently owned by me. The VIN number listed is for chassis no. 114/300. I've owned the car since January 2016. It is safely tucked away in my climate controlled shop in South Dakota. I bought the car from a private party in PA and personally trailered it to South Dakota in my enclosed trailer. Previous to my purchase of the car from the PA owner, the owner had it under consignment at a dealer in PA. Since I've owned the car, I've had it at several car shows here in South Dakota and once at a car show in Hastings, Nebraska in the Fall of 2018... it gets trailered to these events in an enclosed trailer. The car earned 1st place in the Cobra class at the 2018 Sturgis Mustang Rally and 1st place at the 2018 Hastings, Nebraska Mustang event. 'Gets a lot of attention up here in the upper Midwest, when I do have it out, as there are few of these rare cars up here in this part of the country.

blucobra03

Established Member
So are you selling the car or just providing information relative to the car ? If your selling, what is the current asking price ? Thanks !

MarkSchaub

Thank you for your question. I was only providing information relative to the car. I am not selling it at this point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread