Best Tuner, Gt500 w/ Intake+Exhaust

Ohms

Established Member
Hey guys, just signed up today. I have an 04 Mach 1 myself, but today I put a Corsa Exhaust, and K&N intake on my fathers 07 GT500 today and its running like crap, seems to be running lean, which I confirmed is the problem by reading a few posts here.. I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes but the problem is still there..Assuming thats the problem what is a good tuner to go with for these cars?

I prefer to get a tuner I can use on 3 cars, both my Mach 1, and his Gt500 and 03 cobra. But I dont think any handheld tuners out there have 3 car capability, let alone more then one.
Besides a Livewire(which I plan to get for my Mach1), whats a good one, Xcal3, or the Diablo unit maybe?

thanks for the help!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i wouldn't run that car without a tune if you leave the cai on there. get ahold of evolution performance, fred will hook you up, you won't be disappointed

R1Lello

Established Member
Hey guys, just signed up today. I have an 04 Mach 1 myself, but today I put a Corsa Exhaust, and K&N intake on my fathers 07 GT500 today and its running like crap, seems to be running lean, which I confirmed is the problem by reading a few posts here.. I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes but the problem is still there..Assuming thats the problem what is a good tuner to go with for these cars?

I prefer to get a tuner I can use on 3 cars, both my Mach 1, and his Gt500 and 03 cobra. But I dont think any handheld tuners out there have 3 car capability, let alone more then one.
Besides a Livewire(which I plan to get for my Mach1), whats a good one, Xcal3, or the Diablo unit maybe?

thanks for the help!

Do NOT drive that GT500 hard without a tune.........you are very lean and will hurt something.........go get a tune asap!! I have the tried and true X2 SCT

VNMOUS1

Established Member

thanks for the help!

1. Take the K&N off the car now.
2. Put all the stock stuff back on.
3. Unhook the battery for 5 min and hook it back up.
4. Send the K&N back.
5. Search this forum or stangsunleashed.com for ideas.
6. www.evoperform.com
7. www.jlttruecoldair.com
8. Try again.

bj

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
3 cars require 3 tuners,period.
Get an SCT tuner and CAI from Steeda.
They have most combinations which can be pre-loaded onto your new tuner.
Each one was done on their dyno.
I agree on not running the Shelby without a tune.
That would be Cobracide............

Ohms

Established Member
The gt500 isnt driven during the winter, I just saw it was a nice day to install the parts and take it for a test drive (45* out) It wont be driven again until spring unless its tuned for sure.

Id much rather keep the K&N that was already purchased, opened, and installed rather then deal with returning, So what do you guys think of the Xcal 3, or is there a better/cheaper option out there? I used an Xcal2 on a previous car and liked it very much.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
1. Take the K&N off the car now.
2. Put all the stock stuff back on.
3. Unhook the battery for 5 min and hook it back up.
4. Send the K&N back.
5. Search this forum or stangsunleashed.com for ideas.
6. www.evoperform.com
7. www.jlttruecoldair.com
8. Try again.

bj

+2

Contact JLT from the link above and he will give you some non-bias results & advice. I believe Jay Tucker of JLT is on this site if you do a search. I will hunt him down and direct him your way xxdriverxx.

Ohms

Established Member
Anyone know some good tuners in the chicagoland area? Anderson ford does custom dyno tuning and installs but I havent really heard much about them. I woudlnt mind a dyno tune but a mail order tune is fine too, but I dont want to take a road trip to PA for that to go to evolution perf.
This car wont be driven much, maybe 1000miles a year at most, it only has 300 at the moment, we are content with the intake we have on there, just didnt do the research to realize that tuning was required.

Thanks, Shawn

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Get a tuner from Steeda with the tune in it already loaded.
It will be very close and get you to your tuner.

Tucker

If you want to keep the K&N get a tune for a good tuner, like Evolution/ Jon Lund/ BamaChip/ Brenspeed.
If you want a complete package that is proven to work great give us a call.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
The K&N is okay.

I'm making 521hp at the wheels with the K&N and FRPP 49state Axle-backs.

I have a SCT tuner with a custom tune from Fastlane here in NC.

I may have done the Evolution thing had I done more research but you can make the K&N work for you. Once you do the pulley and get around the high 5hundreds, 5-10 hp really isn't making a big difference.

ingram4868

Established Member
vmptuning.com has a great tune for the GT500 using the K&N filter. Justin is the owner and uses the K&N on his car.

Ohms

Established Member
Going to give VMPTuning a call this weekend most likely and go with the XCal 3 I think.

Thasks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread