SFI Bellhousing for Tremec 6060

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Just a heads up for anybody needing a SFI bellhousing which is required for a manual tranny running 11.49 and quicker......I know....I know.....most tracks aren't calling this but it sounds like mine may start. Ordeded one from D&D performance this morning, currently this is the only SFI option for the 6060 that I know of. They bought the extras from the Cobra Jet cars and only have THREE left. Wanted to get the word out......when there gone there gone..... D&D does not think they will be producing any extras from this point forward.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Could also upgrade to the T56 magnum and use the other bellhousings. Could balance out with selling the 6060 and buying the Magnum that can use the other T56 bellhousings that cost less then half as much. It's a $500 spread you'd be covering and have the shifter actually mount to the trans to stop binding.

Last edited:

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Also are supposed to have SFI approved flywheel and balancer at this point also.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Shouldn't get called on this unless your breaking the 9.99 or 135mph barriers. I've got the SFI balancer, Strange axels with C-clip elimanators, driveline loop,rollbar and bellhousing. Flywheel is pretty tuff for tech to check so its last on list.

DMotorsports

Established Member
Well crap. I was gonna wait and do one of these next year when I swap in a built motor. Sounds like there might not be one available next year. Damn. Guess I'll have to go ahead and bite the bullet.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Its on there, you have to search. It wont let me direct link.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Jake - did search - looked thru all the Ford bell housings. is it in a different area?

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
They have removed it from there web page....must have sold the three they had left....called Promotion, they can do it but you have to send them your tranny and it takes at least 3 weeks....both shops mentioned more and more tracks will be calling this..maybe the t-56 option will be a good way to go if it becomes an issue.

Last edited:

DMotorsports

Established Member
Right after I posted last night I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one of these. I just called them to confirm my order went through, and they said I got the last one. Also told me as well that the manufacturer doesn't have any plans to produce any more because this design is a PITA to fabricate, hence the huge price.

Blackmax

Established Member
I got the 4th one a while back. For those that have a 2.9 Whipple the blower has to come off in order for the tranny to drops a few inches. I also never realised the bell weighed 58 lbs.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I got the 4th one a while back. For those that have a 2.9 Whipple the blower has to come off in order for the tranny to drops a few inches. I also never realised the bell weighed 58 lbs.

Am I reading this wrong or is it just me but you say that the blower has to come off to drop the tranny??

Why doesthe blower have to do anything with the tranny?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Am I reading this wrong or is it just me but you say that the blower has to come off to drop the tranny??

Why doesthe blower have to do anything with the tranny?
i would guess that you have to drop the drivetrain a little to slide the trans out. per Tob's 2.9l install thread, there really isn't any room for the engine to rotate back with that blower on there.

Users who are viewing this thread