Steeda lightweight radiator support

IA Shelby

Established Member
Steeda lightweight radiator support ==Anybody out there have this?

Do you know how much weight savings vs stock?

I want to keep my sway bar for handling purposes and this claims to be the only lightweight radiator support that allows you to keep it.

AlanSVT

Established Member
I read that BMR should have one that has the mount for the sway bar coming soon that was a few months ago.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I bought the Steeda unit, It didn't work for me, I tried the FRPP sway bar and the stock one with no luck.

I have heard of a few people getting it to work.
If you keep the sway bar you save 11LBS.

Last edited:

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
I've had one for about 2 years with no problems. 10 lbs lighter than stock.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I bought the Steeda unit, It didn't work for me, I tried the FRPP sway bar and the stock one with no luck.

I have heard of a few people getting it to work.
If you keep the sway bar you save 11LBS.

Why didn't it work?

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
When I weighed the one compared to Steeda's there was a 13lb difference. I have the one with the swaybar mount if that also helps.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Why didn't it work?

I forgot what the line was for, but when I tried to attach the sway bar it ran into a hose that connects right below the crank pulley

gt500live---13opt.jpg

racermatt

Established Member
IA Shelby - the 555-5079 should fit your car and save you about 10 lbs. Let me know if I can get this for ya. PM sent

70SCJ - Glad to hear you are happy with it! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

dirtyo2000 - Thanks for the feedback!!

kyl - Let me know more about this not fitting for you. I have sent you a PM as well.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I would just like to clarify when I purchased my mount the GT500 specific mount was not available. I purchased the GT model. I just saw on their site today the mount specifically for the GT500 is available. I may be giving one of these mounts a try soon. I wonder if there are any issues when using a 1/2 lower K-Member?

racermatt

Established Member
I would just like to clarify when I purchased my mount the GT500 specific mount was not available. I purchased the GT model. I just saw on their site today the mount specifically for the GT500 is available. I may be giving one of these mounts a try soon. I wonder if there are any issues when using a 1/2 lower K-Member?

Thanks for posting this up. Thanks for the PM as well. Let me know when you decide to get one.

Thanks IA Shelby for the order

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
IA Shelby - the 555-5079 should fit your car and save you about 10 lbs. Let me know if I can get this for ya. PM sent

70SCJ - Glad to hear you are happy with it! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

dirtyo2000 - Thanks for the feedback!!

kyl - Let me know more about this not fitting for you. I have sent you a PM as well.

Does it work with the Ford Racing swaybar?

Any downsides to using it on the road course? Thanks!

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I have the FRPP and there are no problems at all with the swaybar. Pretty much bolts up just like factory. Have a few pics that shows it on the car. Only thing you had to really modify was slightly bending the brake line to contour to the front of the bar and that's it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I just got mine today from summit racing. It's weight says 7lbs. So will see how it all goes when mounted. Also I'm.running the frpp handling kit an also the BMR 1/2 motor drop k memeber with A arms. Also dirty can you post up pics of.yours mounted with the mounting holes for under plastic guard.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
will see what's on my comp when I get home. You use zip ties since there are no holes for the bolts to go back in. I did tack weld to ears to mine with threaded holes to hold the splash guards up.

img0752wq.jpg

img0751b.jpg

img0750w.jpg

img0749ci.jpg

img0748fg.jpg

img0747u.jpg

img0745nx.jpg

img0744tl.jpg

img0743e.jpg

img0742ki.jpg

img0741z.jpg

img0740m.jpg

img0739az.jpg

img0738gu.jpg

Forgot about my photo account. These are online but I have a few better ones at the house when I tack welded the ears on and painted the whole bar black. Will upload them when I get home if I can remember. Old age doing me in these days.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
will see what's on my comp when I get home. You use zip ties since there are no holes for the bolts to go back in. I did tack weld to ears to mine with threaded holes to hold the splash guards up.

img0752wq.jpg

img0751b.jpg

img0750w.jpg

img0749ci.jpg

img0748fg.jpg

img0747u.jpg

img0745nx.jpg

img0744tl.jpg

img0743e.jpg

img0742ki.jpg

img0741z.jpg

img0740m.jpg

img0739az.jpg

img0738gu.jpg

Forgot about my photo account. These are online but I have a few better ones at the house when I tack welded the ears on and painted the whole bar black. Will upload them when I get home if I can remember. Old age doing me in these days.

Thanks dirty. I will look forward to seeing the tack welded cause I would like to follow that route. Thanks.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I just got mine today from summit racing. It's weight says 7lbs. So will see how it all goes when mounted. Also I'm.running the frpp handling kit an also the BMR 1/2 motor drop k memeber with A arms. Also dirty can you post up pics of.yours mounted with the mounting holes for under plastic guard.

let me know how the FRPP and 1/2" drop works with the mount.
my same setup.

Users who are viewing this thread