Bob's Catch Can (Firewall mount) installed

DaFreak

Established Member
After seeing 2010KB's post where he mounted Bob's/Steve's can to the firewall I decided to talk with Steve about doing the same. A few days later Steve hooked me up with a fab'ed bracket and can.

DSC03543.jpg

It required pulling the passenger side wiper arm and cowl vent:

DSC03546.jpg

Next I drilled some holes through the firewall which I touched up with paint:

DSC03567.jpg

I put dynomat on the inner bracket and mounted it up:

DSC03578.jpg
DSC03576.jpg
DSC03581.jpg

Hooked up the hoses and done!

DSC03590.jpg

Thanks for the great product Steve!

bull3441

Established Member
neat install, I think some black braided hose would clean it up a bit.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Agreed^^

I love the idea of the product and that firewall adapted makes it even nicer, but the bulky and gaudy rubber hose is what keeps me from pulling the trigger.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
After seeing 2010KB's post where he mounted Bob's/Steve's can to the firewall I decided to talk with Steve about doing the same. A few days later Steve hooked me up with a fab'ed bracket and can.

It required pulling the passenger side wiper arm and cowl vent:

Next I drilled some holes through the firewall which I touched up with paint:

I put dynomat on the inner bracket and mounted it up:

Hooked up the hoses and done!

Thanks for the great product Steve!

Looks great Jeff, thanks for sharing pics and the nice How-to!

neat install, I think some black braided hose would clean it up a bit.

Agreed^^

I love the idea of the product and that firewall adapted makes it even nicer, but the bulky and gaudy rubber hose is what keeps me from pulling the trigger.

I do sell them as a "bare bones" kit without the hoses or fittings so you can choose your own. There have been a few people that posted up the exact parts w/part numbers so you know what to order.

Love the firewall mount, looks much better in that location IMO. Is this going to be an option?

The firewall mount DOES look better.

I agree it looks great. Right now I am custom making these and welding them together, looking to make a nice machined bracket. I did make 1 extra one when making Jeff's, so if somebody is interested in jumping on it, pm me. I will let everyone know when I have production firewall brackets available.

DaFreak

Established Member
I like the idea of black braided hose. I'll look for some.

Steve,

Maybe a future enhancement - It would be cool to have the top fittings color matched to the can. The brass really stands out.

DaFreak

Established Member
Update - Added some black braided hose and Fragola clamps (can side only) and it really cleaned up the look:
DSC03595.jpg

Not sure I'm in love with the Fragola clamps though. Anyone know where to get some good SS black 7/8" clamps?

2010KB

sfd
Established Member
The braided hose makes it look much better. How hard is it to drain in that location?

I installed a threaded barb on the petcock and 3/8 hose on mine and ran it down to the bottom of the car. I only check mine at oil changes. Makes it easier.

cjgt500

Established Member
I considered the firewall mount but did not want to deal with removing it for spark plug changes as it was more involved then quickly removing it from the strut tower. Or did I overthink it?..that back cylinder spark plug removal is tight with the battery post let alone a catch can.

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member
Talked with Steve again about black powder coated fittings and clamps. In no time he shared these beauty's with me.

hoseclamps.jpg

blackfittings2.jpg
Blackfittings.jpg

Can't wait to get them and get everything all mounted up. I'll post up some finished pics too.

Thanks again for the great offering Steve!

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
looks awesome with the braided black lines and everything powder coated..nice touch, like the mounting location too!

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Update - Added some black braided hose and Fragola clamps (can side only) and it really cleaned up the look:
DSC03595.jpg

Not sure I'm in love with the Fragola clamps though. Anyone know where to get some good SS black 7/8" clamps?
Where did you get the braided hose?

Steve@BAS

Established Member
I have braided hose in stock, just it has metal woven into the hose, so it needs to be cut with a hack saw. I've been searching some that is easier to work with for a good price. If interested in getting some with a kit, or just a piece of hose to replace what you already have just shoot me a PM/email or phone call

DaFreak

Established Member
Where did you get the braided hose?

I have braided hose in stock, just it has metal woven into the hose, so it needs to be cut with a hack saw. I've been searching some that is easier to work with for a good price. If interested in getting some with a kit, or just a piece of hose to replace what you already have just shoot me a PM/email or phone call

I didn't get mine from Bob's/Steve (lol) but it sounds like the same stuff as it had metal wire in it. It was a pain to cut but it fits (and looks) good. Save yourself a hassle and PM Steve (2010Shelby) for the black braided hose (and anything else you might need/want).

Users who are viewing this thread