BMR A Arms failure

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
After all of the revisions, you would think they would have figured it out by now.

Blackmax

Established Member
That should not happen period, I had read about the cracking of K memebers and took it with a grain of salt but now am starting to believe it.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have set about 2 months old on my car. Have to keep an eye on this. I don't road race so hopefully they should be fine. Need to add that to the 100pt inspection list at the time of oil change.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
That was the old design...

I made sure to get the updated version... They said it only occurred when cars were road raced a lot...

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Welds that fail from weekend warrior road racing still gives me pause. This isn't their first re-design....

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member
BMR sells all their stuff for off road use only so if you are involved or cause a major accident because your arm folded over after hitting a pothole etc. and they find this to be the cause.... kiss your house good-bye.

Last edited:

bull3441

Established Member
That was the old design...

I made sure to get the updated version... They said it only occurred when cars were road raced a lot...
They just released another redesign in May of this year. So the "old" design may or may not be suspect as well.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
BMR sells all their stuff for off road use only so if you are involved or cause a major accident because your arm folded over after hitting a pothole etc. and they find this to be the cause.... kiss your house good-bye.

That doesn't absolve them of all legal liability.

Blackmax

Established Member
That doesn't absolve them of all legal liability.

O.K. I'm not a lawyer . The insurance companies here are the one's that will try and not pay you even if you are rear ended at a stoplight! They try and access 50/50 blame to both parties in all accidents. And in the case of serious injury or death will inspect the car for any aftermarket modifications.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so does anyone have pics of the old design next to the new design. i bought my setup late last year so i would like to see what the new MAy 2012 version looks like. thanks. also i will do an inspection on my car now

jenkins_1120

Established Member
2012-03-22_13-44-31_376.jpg

these are the ones that i have so i hope its not these. i usually DD my car

breoland

Established Member
does anyone have pics form old design to new? I bought the ones with the carol shelby logo on them... does this mean they are the most up to date

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Looking at the brace with the three holes, It looks like they reduced the size of the center hole. I have the slightly older version where the center hole is much larger.

BMR should should perhaps make a retro kit that will sandwich that part of the brace when you have the larger center hole. I might have to fab up something myself.

Users who are viewing this thread