MRT High Flow H pipe ang QTP Cutouts

athlon551

Established Member
IMG_1222.jpg
Started installing my MRT H Pipe with High flow cats. Welding QTP Electronic CutOuts on it. Just like all of my other projects that I thought was going to be straight forward.....I was wrong again first problem...my floor jack was too tall once I got the 500 on my new Race Ramps.

IMG_1213.jpg

(Notice the recently fabbed up 2x12. Put spray rubber on bottom so it did not slide)

Just got the old cats and x pipe off and man it is heavy. I bet it will be lighter even with the Cut outs install.

IMG_1218.jpg

Second snag was the Narrow band sensor :shrug: Green connector??? I got two extensions from MRT but did not count on this one. Should I get an extension for that just for ease to install. Had to wind up the wires pretty good to get this out. The MRT has a bung right where it is but my fat hands cat fit up there where it is connected.

What a bend it the pipe...cant be good for flow on passenger side....

IMG_1219.jpg

Last edited:

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Athlon551,

I am actually interested in exactly this for my 2011. Please keep us posted. I'll be subscribed to this.

Video clips will be awesome!

athlon551

Established Member
Seems like a good kit 69mach....only thing I am surprised with is the MRT does not come with hangers as you can see in my pic above. It is also a two piece kit but the H fits so tight I doubt it would leak but I will be welding it this week.

Last edited:

athlon551

Established Member
i just got my qtec50's in just trying to soruce a welder to get it all done im using the lethal off road x pipe

I was going to get the 50's but I go across railroad tracks everyday and did not want anything lower than the rest of the exhaust. Good luck on the welder search.

If you find a better switch setup let me know. Also where are you thinking of putting it?

bossnova3

Established Member
Here's my setup...
fb289f92.jpg
[/IMG]
c515365f.jpg
[/IMG]
a8d3e8c4.jpg
[/IMG]
Mine is the 3" cutouts, good luck with yours mine gave me 20 hp and 32 ft/tq

bossnova3

Established Member
My setup consists of the following mostly custom:

Dynatech LT
Customs 3" H-pipe with 3" QTP cutouts
3" to 2.5" resonator to tone it down a bit
2.5" mangaflow cat backs

It took us a long time to get the sound right, but IMO it's civil enough for every day use but nasty when pushed. I'll try to get some pics and post any question let me know.

Ed

bossnova3

Established Member
Here's some pics:
644d5f34.jpg
[/IMG]
214bd697.jpg
[/IMG]
fff83654.jpg
[/IMG]
4052fe8b.jpg
[/IMG]
This pics where before I had the cutouts put in. On the first pic it's how it's currently setup with the k-member

69Mach1351w

Established Member
My setup consists of the following mostly custom:

Dynatech LT
Customs 3" H-pipe with 3" QTP cutouts
3" to 2.5" resonator to tone it down a bit
2.5" mangaflow cat backs

It took us a long time to get the sound right, but IMO it's civil enough for every day use but nasty when pushed. I'll try to get some pics and post any question let me know.

Ed

Ed,

Thanks for getting back to us. Did you install the resonators after the cutout? If so, where did you purchase them. Im soon going to buy the low profile oval cutouts. Part # QTEC66 & the wireless Kit. I want to attempt to have my exhaust shop fab up the "side" pipes that the BOSS kit uses, but im not sure if i should first purchase the resonators.

Any clearance issues with the resonators on? Any pics by chance?

Thanks,
Mark

bossnova3

Established Member
Pics posted above, IMO I would get the ones I got 3" qtp because they'll give you the most hp. I haven't had any clearance issue, with the exception of the headers and catback I already had everything else was made custom. Don't exactly remember the brand of the resonator but you'll definitely want them on there believe me, I've had more trips to the muffler shop than anyone here but we finally got it dialed in.

athlon551

Established Member
Finally got a chance to finish this up. It was way easier to install with the relocated cats.

The MRT H - Pipe definately has a deeper throatier tone than stock. Nothing over the top but that is what the QTP Cut Outs are for.

IMG_1246.jpg

Drilled a couple holes in the heat shield to tie wrap the wire down and then went into the interior thru the grommets on the rear floorboard then brought it into the center console and wedged it right under the emergency handle. Almost a perfect fit and really cant see it.

IMG_1249.jpg

Here is youtube link

2007ShelbyExhaust - YouTube

Now for the next mod .................hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Nice work. What filler rod/wire did you use to fuse to MRT's tubing?

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Ah. It was 309L then. I've perused the shelves at my local TS many a time...

Users who are viewing this thread