Front license plate delete,,with pics!!!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Drilled out the rivets and purchased some 1/4in plugs and some touchup paint!!!

What do you think??:beer:

DSCN2149.jpg

DSCN2136.jpg

DSCN2137.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

Juiced-03

Established Member
lol pretty nifty there!! I like mine better though ;-) (no holes at all :D )

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
I agree no holes would be much better,,,did you have yours filled and painted??

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
where'd you get those plugs? I am suffering from post-front-plate syndrome myself right now and would like to take care of it before the car show this weekend.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Originally posted by EVIL1
I agree no holes would be much better,,,did you have yours filled and painted??

nah,,,just told the dealer I wouldnt buy the car if they drilled holes in it during PDI :D

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Got them at Lowe's in the hardware isle!!!!

.87 cents for a pack of 2.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
nah,,,just told the dealer I wouldnt buy the car if they drilled holes in it during PDI :D

Oh,,,I purchased my Cobra used and it was already on:nonono:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
No plate on my car.
I used Velcro, and superglued two screw heads to the holes on the plate when I went through inspection to give the appearance that the plate was screwed onto the bumper. Got back to the office, ripped it off, tossed it in the trunk and pulled off the Velcro on the bumper.
Done.
S.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great/neat job! Thankfully my dealer never drilled my bumper. He asked me if I wanted the plate mounted and I said 'NO'.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
Do you think all dealers ask before putting it on,,,,I can't imagine anyone saying yes to having this thing installed??

U1arunit

10 Second Club
Established Member
Mine was already mounted when I got my car so I did the delete as well using the same type of plugs. My car is black and I managed to get the black plugs so I didn't need to paint them. Yours came out real nice and the paint seems to match really well.

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
It took me a few tries to get the paint this close,,,only one coat and then 3 coats of clear,,,any more and it was way too dark!

I tried the black ones first and even with only one coat they were very dark and didn't match at all!!

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by EVIL1
Do you think all dealers ask before putting it on,,,,I can't imagine anyone saying yes to having this thing installed??

When my car came in, I told the dealer not to put the front plate bracket on the car even though the state law requires it. He said they never put the front plate bracket on any SVT vehicle unless the buyer specifically requests it. A few years ago when I was buying a Lexus SC400, I told the dealer not to put the front plate bracket on the car. When I went to pick the car up the next day, naturally it had the bracket mounted to the front of the car. I told the dealer to get me another car since I wasn't buying it with that bracket on the car. He stood there with his mouth open as I was leaving the dealer and said to call me when you get another car without the bracket on the front. Next day, I took delivery of a car that they had to transport on a flatbed 60 miles from another dealer to get me one without that bracket. The saleman later told me that his boss said that once I came in to pick up the first car, that I would take it even with the bracket on the front. Well I proved him wrong.:bash:

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
yea when i was looking for mine it was one of the first things i checked before talking to the sales fraud
i guess im lucky i live in PA we dont have front plates
your mod does look alot better

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Looks great man, did that same mod myself to my 04. I used the black ones though then painted them. It really does make the car look better(more menacing) and you can hardly see them if you do it right. Nice Job

Users who are viewing this thread