Who at Ford built your motor, and what did you dyno at?

SugarRay

Established Member
I've seen a thread about what engine builders names are on the plates, but i havent seen a thread with this yet. I've been wondering if theres a certain pair of builders that did a better job, so i figured this would be the best way to figure out.

Post up who built the motor in your car, and your dyno #'s as close to stock as you can.
I dynoed 405 rwhp & 370tq SAE corrected, with only an FIPK. Paul something & Gary Smith
waxed016.jpg

White04Cobra

Established Member
SugarRay said:
I dynoed 405 rwhp & 370tq SAE corrected, with only an FIPK. Paul something & Gary Smith
waxed016.jpg

I believe thats Wormsbacher.

Same guys that built mine but I have never dynoed it yet. For what its worth I think those two guys were some of the best engine builders. I remember reading an article about them.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
My engine was also built by Gary Smith and Paul Wormsbacher. I haven't dynoed yet. I read somewhere that these two are also building the Ford GT engines.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Ann Lemay & Jay Conklin built mine
with 1250 miles, hot humid houston august afternoon on Houston Performance's DynoJet
387.8RWHP
353.1RWTQ

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
SugarRay said:
I've seen a thread about what engine builders names are on the plates, but i havent seen a thread with this yet. I've been wondering if theres a certain pair of builders that did a better job, so i figured this would be the best way to figure out.

Post up who built the motor in your car, and your dyno #'s as close to stock as you can.
waxed016.jpg
That's pretty good power with just an intake mod. You obviously have a car that was at the upper power range stock. Stock Cobras range from 345-395rwhp with the average being around 365. Mine was 363 and a friend's was 393 (same dyno). Big difference. It was the tune and pulley that woke mine up. LOL!

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
knowfreed0m said:
Mr. Doug Cambell and Mr. Bill Sheffer
Dynoed:
389.hp 377trq. STD with only Magnaflow Catback in 90+ deg.

Same two guys that built mine.
414/385 SAE with MAC CAI and no mufflers
Dyno'd about three weeks ago

dakota318

Banned
Stephen For and Ronald Anderson... 12.72@111 with only a CAI, 1800 miles. I dont know what that dynos at, but seems pretty fast for a close to stock time to me.

SugarRay

Established Member
Blak92 said:
Stephen For and Ronald Anderson... 12.72@111 with only a CAI, 1800 miles. I dont know what that dynos at, but seems pretty fast for a close to stock time to me.

Sounds about equal to mine, best i've trapped is 111.7 the only time i've been to the track, but there was a pretty nasty headwind that day.

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
SugarRay said:

waxed016.jpg

Sweet!!! These guys are the ones that built mine. It's a great piece of mind to know that SVT's best built my engine. I haven't dyno'd her yet but I can't wait. My snake is a 10th ann. I wonder if all 10th anni's are built by these guys?

LizardMan

Established Member
Blak92 said:

My tag lists the same builders. I think it's Foe, rather than For. It's an 04. 100% as it came off the showroom stock at 3740 miles on a Dynojet - 352HP/341TQ SAE corrected.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
SCMod46 said:
Does anyone have a motor built by derek cant r :rolling: :eady the other guys name or his last name lol. Ill take a pic soon.

Mine was built by Derek. I think his last name is Ostertosh, but can't read his hand writting well enough to be sure. Partner is Jay Conklin. Dyno'd @ 412 RWHP, with just a FIPK. Guys at Mustang Magic thought this was really on the high side for stock. Have you dyno'd yours? How strong is it? :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread