10.90's @ 128+ with no traction - blower only!!

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
i ran the car yesterday at a track rental with good and bad luck. we had awesome weather, best ive ever ran in. anyway, i should have went with my gut feeling and changed my clutch . its been int he car for 2 HARD years. it doesnt slip , but it gets hot real quick and i cant shift after one run. so enough with the excuses. i was in a rut all day, becuase everytime i would cool the car down , i would spin badly on the first pass and run descent , then would hook on the 2nd pass but miss gears. any way heres the story a string of 10.90's with meesly 60's. car EASILY could have went 10.70 yesterday. 15.5# eaton , full weight irs and 6 speed.

first run of the day 11.02 @ 128.07 on a 1.71 shiftin at 6000 7.14 @ 101.51 usually shift at 6200.

came around again ran 1.57 but missed gears - 10.80?

cool down

2nd time went 10.91@ 128.38 1.69 60' - 7.04 @ 101.41

hotlapped ran a 1.56 but missed , easily a 10.70!!!

cool down

3rd time went 10.90 @ 127.70 1.67 60' - 7.01 @ 101.62

hotlapped again ran a 1.56 but missed gears, again easily a 10.70, very fuggin frustrating!!!!

then i tried to use spray and no luck, i wound up running another 10.90 @ 126.84 on a 1.67 on my extremelely rich and very low timing , nitrous tune!! i was shocked. found out my plastic tube that feeds my nitrous into filter came off and i was spraying my nitrous out into the air. i fixed the nitorus line, well jay (blwn03) did, lol. and tried a couple more times , but still something was wrong. the car wasnt getting any spray. it didnt matter anyway , because the 2 more runs i did after that i missed gears anyway, lol. i have to change my clutch quick before my "shifting reputation" gets tarnished, lmao.

i wish i could have gotten off some spray passes in this weather, the times would have been rediculous. thats it for me for this season , over all , i think i did good. next year will be better!! ill also be hitting up the road course alot more. should be fun!!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Venemous! Another full weight, IRS, 6 speed, Eaton only 10 second Terminator!!! Only a few of those around!!!!

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
thanx alot guys. im real happy with the car. i have no doubt it would have ran a 10.70 on blower and maybe a 10.0 or teens on the hit.

power mods are aptan , 2.75 upper and 2# lower, catback , prochamber, filter and tune by mustang magic.

supporting mods are spec 3 clutch , dss stage 5 axels, 55# inj, bap , and mafextender. thats it.

suspension is completely stock with no weight taken out at all , except for spare and jack.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
dont count on reproducing that like he does, hes like god when shifting, ive seen the videos, guy shifts like a madman lol.

awsome job once again. cant wait for the 9's ;)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome time slip! And I agree about his shifting prowess! Legendary. :)

BlackSabbath

Established Member
When this guy makes a pass down the track it sounds like an auto. Thanks for the ride around the lot last week at Atco too. The car pulls like an animal.

Mike

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
thanx alot guys for all the props, i really appreciate it!! i actually spoke to a few guys that were standing on the track when i ran and they said i wasnt even spinning , my clutch was slipping badly. oh well, ill have to try again next season.

thanx again guys!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread