BABY SEATS and COBRAS...

Carseats and Cobras?

• Total voters

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I have two kids under the age of 3 and my son is just 4 months old. I am crazy about my kids but since the second baby my drive time in my Cobra has almost dropped off completely. It's beautiful fall weather today here in the Mountain State and I'm heading to a festival about an hour away and would love to take the Stang for a little road trip. However, I've never put both kids in my Cobra at once and only had my daughter (2yrs old) in the car one time and it made me a little nervous, never even kicked the blower on!

My question to you guys is, do you guys put your babies in you Mustang? Do you feel nervous about power sampling with you kids in the car? I love my car but my love for my kids and their safety obviously trumps the car. I wish I could have both but I probably will leave the Cobra in the garage and take the Audi Allroad instead.

YoungJim

Established Member
GodStang said:
Sell the kids.

:lol1: Two of them? You should get at least enough for a whipple... My thinking on kids in Cobras is: Wait til they're old enough that they aren't going to :xpl: on it, and then drive responsibly.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
my 4 year old daughter loves going for rides w/the top down, as long as you drive responsibly you will be fine.

stvdman

Established Member
My kids LOVE cruising in the Cobra. I have to be carefull though, the whole time they are in there they just keep wanting to go faster and faster (they ALMOST talk me into it ;) )and hear, in thier words, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears)

Picture007.jpg

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
I take my girls everywhere in my car! they are 4 and 2 and they love it. I just dont get on it too hard because my oldest tells mom.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
stvdman said:
My kids LOVE cruising in the Cobra. I have to be carefull though, the whole time they are in there they just keep wanting to go faster and faster (they ALMOST talk me into it ;) )and hear, in thier words, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears)

Picture007.jpg

Looks like you need to talk your wife into a Whipple to offset the extra weight. :D

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
stvdman said:

Picture007.jpg

lol , did you get those car seats customized to match the 10th anniv. interior ? That's awesome :rockon:

stvdman

Established Member
lol , did you get those car seats customized to match the 10th anniv. interior ? That's awesome

Not customized, but when I saw them I just had to get them. My daughter is now 6 and she wont let me take the top part of the seat off that she doesent need since she is big enough for the booster part, she knows it matches.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
stvdman said:
My kids LOVE cruising in the Cobra. I have to be carefull though, the whole time they are in there they just keep wanting to go faster and faster (they ALMOST talk me into it ;) )and hear, in thier words, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, (1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears)
Picture007.jpg
Ha, I have the exact same car seat and it matches the seats of my 10th Anni pretty well. It's cool to hear so many are taking their kids in their Cobra. I guess I will take the kids more as they get older but since I have two other cars to drive with permanent car seats already installed I'de just rather cruise alone in my Cobra. Plus it's nice to get out of the house without the little buggers so I can regain my sanity :D

kasee 03

Menudo Eater
Established Member
Glad to see there are other parents out their taking the kids out in the Cobra out for a ride. The only negative is crawling in the back seat doing pilates trying to get them in and out, kinda reminds me of utilizing the back seat for "other" purposes during my LX days.

dragon40k

Established Member
I've got a 4 month old that hasn't been in the cobra yet and won't likely get in there till he's about 2 or so. I'm kinda looking forward to that. I might have to try and find some seats like those above as well, to match my 10th's seats.

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
When I got my car, my kids almost begged me to go for a ride in the Cobra....they loved it. My three year old son looks at my car and says "Your Cobra is cool dad." :-D

djtyau

Established Member
My two boys, 10 and 7, love driving in my car. Once in a while I will take my daughter (2yrs. old) and the boys. I think my daughter loves it more than my boys.

AMP

SVT Dad X2
Established Member
funny thread. I've had my 2 year old daughter in it a bunch. She loves it, and yes, it's definatley easier in a vert. I had the whole fam in only once, cause the rear facing infant seats do NOT fit in the back. Once they're in the forward facing seats it's fine. Obviously you're a father and you'll be careful. It's a good family time any time you bring everybody out to share in something that you enjoy. It's better to include them than to just go off driving fast by yourself!

p.s. my daughter is pretty good about not putting her feet all over the interior because she's the one who helps me clean it!

Users who are viewing this thread