being called out by local mach 1

99SVTcobraVERT

funny story... one night ran up on a nice orange mach 1 with quite a few mods and we never could really get a run. he only went once and i wasnt quick enough to realize what he had done until he was by me and i didnt want to try to do a high speed pull to catch him. anyways we end up parting ways w/o a run. two nights later i get a fwd from aol instant messenger saying it was the owner of that mach 1. he had tracked me down haha!:pop: so i jumped online to chat with him. he basically went on to talk about my car and tell me about his. he came on here and typed in my personalized plate and the thread about when i got it popped up. so he imed me and it fwd to my phone because i was offline. he wants to meet up and run from 2nd to about 105 or so.

he believes it will be a really close run and basically wants to see if it will change his mind about selling his mach. he isnt claiming he will whoop my a$$ or anything but does say he has beat few 03-04 cobra's. these were stock ones i believe though. background on me is that i am very capable of driving and will not represent the terminator crowd in a neg way. and my car is a typical example of a bolt on, pulley/tune cobra. see sig for numbers and mods. below is the link to his car with his mods. says he runs 12.60's @110 or so and that on one dyno 355 on one dyno and 335 on another. no neg. comments please guys because he isnt being a d*ck or anything. opinions on the outcome and matchup? :rockon: :beer:

2004 cobra

vs

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?obxfisherman#jump

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
shit, tell him you'll put the stock pulley on your car to kick his ass......it's all a bunch of bolt on crap other than the full exhaust...............bet him his car

MGW Shifter: $150.00
Borla Stinger: $450.00
SLP Catted Xpipe and Headers: $1100.00
PHP Intake Spacer: $100
K&N Cold Air Kit: $150
Steeda Strut Tower Brace: $100
H&R Springs: $250.00
Maximum Motorsports Lower Contol Arms: $200
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates: $150
Tokico Illumina Adjustable Shocks and Struts: $350
Meziere Electric Water Pump: $340.00
Superchips Tune Flasher: $250.00
Appearance/Comfort Modification Costs:
Steeda Race Wing: $250.00
Ford Racing FR500 Rims: $820.00
BFGoodrich KDW-2 Tires: $820.00
Visus Louvers: $250.00
Classic Design Concepts Panel: $175.00
MGW Accessories: $253.00
Retro Gauge Rings: $50
Mach 1000 Radio Unit: $200.00
Mach 1000 Upgrade Kit: $950.00
Sirius Satellite Radio: $250.00
Total Cost of Mods: $7,608 not including custom paint job.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
only thing i could see be an issue for you is spinning the tires and not getting the horses to the ground. otherwise, it should not be really close....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with JB. If he wants to race you the best place is the track. Make it a best of three. Sorry, I'm not a fan of racing from a roll. My prediction is that you'll beat him with your mods.

Cold Brew

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Watch out for the ol' hidden bottle trick! If he's juiced, you may be in for a surprise.

He will probably still beat him

sedanman

Established Member
You have him covered unless he has a bottle hidden somewhere. Good luck and be safe.

04torchred

Established Member
Not a problem for you. My brother has an 03 Mach with 4.10's, full exhaust, JLT RAI, SCT tune, and MGW shifter and I will pull on him with mods in sig. His car pulls good for not having a blower and does surprise some cars, but it is nothing you shouldn't have covered, I mean we have about 100rwhp on them.

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
CobraBob said:
I agree with JB. If he wants to race you the best place is the track. Make it a best of three. Sorry, I'm not a fan of racing from a roll. My prediction is that you'll beat him with your mods.

gotta second this one. nothing like takin it to the track. roll racing really does not prove much imo.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
you have a low 11 second car with a good driver. he has a mid-low 12 second car with a good driver; you do the math.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
Just borrow my car, and when you show up to race him just tell him you painted it and put a hard top :)

But if he says he has beaten several 03-04's in the area he might be hiding something, because you should know there are almost NO stock 03-04's in our area...

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
Have a friend put Baby Oil on his tires, then take your time on the line and get him by 500 car lenghts.

99SVTcobraVERT

well it went down tonight. met up with him and he is pretty cool guy but very paraniod about cops haha. we ran from around 45-50mph. my fears of the cold weather came to pass however... of course 1st has been unusable but now after about 5-5500rpm i had tire shake.

he hit it and i followd suite and the result was 2nd being door to door with me edging until the spinning started. but as soon as i snatched 3rd i ran off from him. i tried to run him again but this time 3rd gear but he called me to tell me that he has detonation and that he may need a retune. he says he will retune and try again but im pretty sure it wont matter. and by then ill have tires and prob a port with lower pulley too so it wont even be a race in any gear at that point. thanks for support guys but that car sure looks sweet though...

Users who are viewing this thread