Where can I get Bad ass Brakes??

RCMPSVT

Established Member
So I have a thing for brakes. When I see a sick car I will look at the brakes and wheels before anything else and when I see bad ass brakes it catches my eye. Im looking to get a set of brake kits for my 03. Brembo sitwe is aweful to navigate, wilwoods Ive seen but not with calipers only pads and rotors. Also can I do 6 pistons on my cobra and who would make them?? Iam getting 18's so Im good as far as wheels. If I can only do 4 pistons who makes a good kit for our cars.

Thanks guys, hopefully Im not the only one that loves to see cool brake systems on cars.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
So I have a thing for brakes. When I see a sick car I will look at the brakes and wheels before anything else and when I see bad ass brakes it catches my eye. Im looking to get a set of brake kits for my 03. Brembo sitwe is aweful to navigate, wilwoods Ive seen but not with calipers only pads and rotors. Also can I do 6 pistons on my cobra and who would make them?? Iam getting 18's so Im good as far as wheels. If I can only do 4 pistons who makes a good kit for our cars.

Thanks guys, hopefully Im not the only one that loves to see cool brake systems on cars.

I was checking these out a little while ago. Haven't seen many/any 6-piston kits for that price range. Discs are 13" too, so you could still use stock 17" wheels if you wanted:

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com...d=908&osCsid=f41ef1aee7df0a041064b6b44fe0d4e3

wheelhopper

Established Member
Check out Stage 3 Motorsports. They are selling a kit that has 14" front rotors w/ 4 piston calipers, and 13" rear rotors for around $1700. It is the same kit that is on the Stage 3 Rousch.

ModularMax

Fast Cars & Freedom
Established Member
get the new wildwoods there awsome you can change the pads without any tools and in under 10 seconds, there for high performance racing and cost a nice 1,200$ but there sick as hell i want them so bad saw em on speed

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
get the new wildwoods there awsome you can change the pads without any tools and in under 10 seconds, there for high performance racing and cost a nice 1,200$ but there sick as hell i want them so bad saw em on speed

Explain? Is this different from the Brembos?

cm04cobra

Established Member
I'm also in the brake market. I've been told by several people that the entry Brembo kit has thin rotors. I am looking at Wiwood and Stoptech (MM). Wilwood is a 6P, the ST is a 4P. I am leaning towards the stop tech with 2 piece rotors ($1900 from a local dealer)

no1sirbutler

Established Member
trust me buy the wilwoods thats what i put on my gt and i get nothing but compliments on them and they work awesome. i have the 6 piston calipers w/ 14" cross drilled rotors. yes they do cost more than some others but they are one of the few companies that actually makes all their parts. i believe brembo has PBR make their calipers(its been over a year since i did my research so dont hold me to this). plus you can still run 17" wheels as long as they are 9" wide.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Brembo's are not done by PBR.

BAER...has a lot of PBR calipers.

Brembo; Baer; Stoptech; Wilwood and probably a couple of others out there.

Bang for your buck, the Brembo 4-pots are hard to beat unless you just want to have overkill available for impressing people you don't know.

If you're going to have ultra killer brakes; you really need to have a better oil pan w/oil control baffles as well.

SoCalHarley

SC32VGT
Established Member
So I have a thing for brakes. When I see a sick car I will look at the brakes and wheels before anything else and when I see bad ass brakes it catches my eye. .
Kind of like a foot fetish.... anyway I used the Baer Claw GT setup and they are really great. They are the PBR calipers that are used on the C-5 corvette and the ones that are bigger than the regular Cobra ones. I had the Cobra PBR's before and these are MUCH better. I also used the 13" Eradispeed Plus One rotors in the rear with the stock calipers and they work well with the Baer Claw GT in the front.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

So is this more of a cosmetic thing than a stopping thing???:bored:

Any autocrosses??? Open Track events???

If you are interested in function the 14" Brembo Gran Tourismo kit will fit under most 18s and as a side benefit they also "look cool". Pad availability is good... and they WORK!!

A friend has them on his Y2K-R and he tracks the car and loves them!!

Hopefully you don't care much about brake noises on the street since most of these choices above are race oriented brakes with rather HARD pads... and a lot of them will tend to squeal on the street... pad availability should be a consideration too... IE: are there street compounds available?

Driving more than a day or two on race or near race pad compounds will drive you NUTZ and is more than a little dangerous.. they don't stop well cold.
Trust me on this one...:rollseyes

Good luck on your.... SEARCH;-) :-D :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread