Car Lift...Want to Buy....Best Brand?

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Anyone with experience with car lifts?

What brands are good.....what to stay away from?

What about the hydraulic jack that slides down the middle....worth the extra cash?

Extra Long or Extra Wide worth the extra $$$$

How long of ramps are suggested?

Who has best pricing?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
too bad you dont live closer. my buddy has a 1 year old bendpack drive on lift that he needs to sell asap.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Bend Pak is very good for the home use. Western or Rotary for commercial. Bend Pak is USA made. A place online sells the 10k ones for about 2500 delivered. A friend got one from a place in Indiana with some Chinese stuff, but he likes it. It's around 1900. FWIW, I have had my BP for 2 years and use it 2-3 days a week average with no problems yet. \Me knocking on wood!/

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
http://www.e-autolifts.com/MAX/MAX.html

I have the model prior to this, but $2555 delivered. They sell 4 and 2 posts. Personally, I prefer to work on 2 posts, but the 4 posts have their place. Nice for installing subframes. This site is where I got mine and they have alot of knowledge.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Were does he live?

Los Angeles area.

my other buddy recently purchased a 4 post drive on lift. he wanted to be able to install subframe connectors on it and also because the posts are not nearly as tall as a two post lift, and dont need to be bolted to the ground. they have wheels in which you can move the lift. he bought it from some "local" company that is a distributer for the brand (cant recall the name). we checked out their lifts at sema in a big booth they had. he paid about $1700 for it but had upgraded it to the heavier duty model and also added some cool sliding jacks and stuff to it. its sitting in his drive way right now. he is using it to do a motor swap on his SHO. he tied down the rear of the car and has the front subframe hanging off the end. unbolted it and just lifted the car right off. worked like a charm. i wanted to get the video camera handy in case there was a You Tube moment but sadly, it never came :(

TRBO VNM

I have a 4 post superlifts. 3k shipped with air bottle jacks, mobile oil drain pan and 4 drip trays.

stick with a USA made.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Its really too low. You could make it work, but you can't get it up all the way. (Sounds bad!) You may be able to get a low car up, but anything taller would be really limited.

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Ceiling Height

I'm 11' 9"........will I be able to go all the way up?

After researching......I think I am going with the Bendpak HD-12......found it for $3395. Medium Duty 12,000lbs, Made in USA, etc....

I am going to opt for the 6000lb jack that rolls down the middle as well......that seems handy for having the car in the air and off the ground.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have a Bendpak four post lift. It is about 4 years old and has a 7,000 pound capacity. I went with that one due to it's being 120v instead of 220 like all the heavier duty lifts. When I bought it they were on special for $1,549.00 plus tax, free shipping. It has been trouble free. Just make sure that you lubricate the cables as per the schedule on the placard. I use Amsoil climbing gear lube in a spray can and it is really sticky. Just use wheel bearing grease on the pulleys and pulley axles. Since I keep mine outside in the driveway I made a waterproof cover for the hydraulic pump, but the rest of it gets rained on with no ill affect.

Users who are viewing this thread