LA motorcars and autoconnection usa

Jefe

Established Member
AutoConnection is in TX. Ive never heard anything bad of them. I always check there when Im looking for Cobras.

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
LA Motorcars is about three exits down from my office at work. They usually have some nice Cobras on display but I don't have any friends who have bought from them. Most go to North Texas Nissan though there are mixed reviews on that place. I was fortunate to find my at a local dealer with 7500 miles on it bone stock!

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
I had this same question and started the same thread about 2 months ago. For every 10 good things I heard, there were about 3 horror stories. That was enough for me to stay away. Not to mention when I talked to the guy on the phone, he seemed very cocky and never called me back about a cobra I was specificly asking about.

01redz

Established Member
I had this same question and started the same thread about 2 months ago. For every 10 good things I heard, there were about 3 horror stories. That was enough for me to stay away. Not to mention when I talked to the guy on the phone, he seemed very cocky and never called me back about a cobra I was specificly asking about.

are you talking about both places?

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
oh, sorry. No, just LA. I did call Autoconection a few times but never got an answer.

AaronK

Established Member
I bought a car from autoconnection last Aug. It was a piece!!! Had to replace the clutch right off the bat and the shifter, rear end only had 1/2 a quart or fluid in it, dif. bushings were shot, was told it didn't have a head tick but it did, was told it had never been wreck and it has been wrecked... some of these things I should have noticed before I bought it but I guess I put too much trust into them (I'm a dumbass, I know) and believed everything they said. I've fixed all the problems, but every time I get the car in the air, I find something differnt: missing bolts, washers, wiring done wrong. It's been a pain in the ass ever since I got it. When I told them about the problems, they made a deal with me that they would pay for half of everything that needed to be fixed. So I went to their performance shop buddies down the street and they said nothing was wrong with the car!!!! I will never buy ANYTHING from them or that shop again!!!

In their defense, I've heard a lot more bad things about LA than Autoconnection. Their customer service was GREAT when I was buying the car. It kinda went down hill after that... I was mad at first when I found all the things wrong with my car, but there's nothing I can do about it now. So, I take it as a lesson learned and inspect the hell out of every car I buy... :rolling:

Last edited:

VincodeY

Established Member
rule of thumb...just stay away from anything ending in .com or wholesale lots. My 0.02.

AaronK

Established Member
rule of thumb...just stay away from anything ending in .com or wholesale lots. My 0.02.

true that^^ but honestly, If you seriously inspect the car up and down, inside and out, you shouldn't have any problems, I learned that the hard way :-D

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
yep, when i was shopping i emailed and called them 2 or 3 times to no avail. I had cash in hand but that didn't matter to LA. got lucky and went semi local. (if you want to call 4hr drive local)

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Both palces are crap...steer cleaaaaaaaaaaaaar

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
I hate dealers period. All the best cars I have bought have been from private sellers.

AaronK

Established Member
Yeah, I've heard mostly good things about people buying cars off of here... SVTP!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread