• Fluidyne

Votes: 25 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Ok real simple just about a 40buck difference...what do u guys think??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just installed a Afco,Fit right in stock brackets!From what I`ve read, I think most of the guys went Afco.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
is there some reason why the stocker isnt working for you? rage the car around for a while and then stick your finger in the intercooler reservoir. that should tell you all you need to know.

the heat exchanger mod is pure placebo. unless you really really care about back to back dyno run numbers, i guess...

fwiw i have the gords piece, and was one of the first people to have one. knowing what we know now, to do it all over again starting from the beginning, there's no need for a larger heat exchanger. the engineers at ford and garrett got it right the first time.

xenodragon

Established Member
Afco...easy easy easy easy install, and it looks awesome too.

I agree the stocker is just as good, if you arnt doing back to back to back runs. I am planning on going whipple, so I am getting every possible cooling mod available.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Yea i am going to go twin screw so i want the best one i can get

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Ok well i ordered the AFCO from lethal today...!!!!LETHAL FTW!!!!

03yellow

Established Member
After adding an upper and lower pulley to my eaton I had the Car tuned and dynoed at HPP in the summer heat. After several pulls we could only get 443rwhp from the car. Manny stated that the blower was heatsoaked and that the car was pulling timing like crazy.
1 hr. later and an LPF HE we made 458rwhp. Manny was able to play with the timing and get 467rwhp.
Heatsoak is a killer on pullied eatons.

This is one of the best gain in HP for the dollar I have done on my car.

is there some reason why the stocker isnt working for you? rage the car around for a while and then stick your finger in the intercooler reservoir. that should tell you all you need to know.

the heat exchanger mod is pure placebo. unless you really really care about back to back dyno run numbers, i guess...

fwiw i have the gords piece, and was one of the first people to have one. knowing what we know now, to do it all over again starting from the beginning, there's no need for a larger heat exchanger. the engineers at ford and garrett got it right the first time.

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
After adding an upper and lower pulley to my eaton I had the Car tuned and dynoed at HPP in the summer heat. After several pulls we could only get 443rwhp from the car. Manny stated that the blower was heatsoaked and that the car was pulling timing like crazy.
1 hr. later and an LPF HE we made 458rwhp. Manny was able to play with the timing and get 467rwhp.
Heatsoak is a killer on pullied eatons.

This is one of the best gain in HP for the dollar I have done on my car.

Agreed, I need to put fans on my shit for the Texas summer heat.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
AFCO.

The Fluidyne shows the tanks on the side in the lower opening, and I believe it is smaller.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I have an LFP with the beautiful stencil, it is a little bigger than the AFCO but they are both quality pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread