LS1 gone lets talk COBRA

hope

After haveing a h\c ls1 car for a while i want to do something diffrent. The car was strong mid 11sec car cage and so on. I would like to hear from anybody who has made the same move to a 03 04 cobra. Whats it like power,street manners overall car feel. thanks

homer302

Banned
LS1 sucks Cobra rules. JK. Welcome. We all enjoy fast cars here, no matter who makes it. I can't relate to going from Chevy so I can't help you but I promise, the Cobra rides better, stops better, is built better, gets better mileage than the LS1 Camaro and torque is similar.
As you know, we have to use a blower to get where you were with cubes but the upside is more polite street manners and better economy when you're foot is not in it.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
i went from a 02' WS6 with few bolt ons and nitrous. i don't miss a thing from the LS1 besides that ram air hood and aggressive looks of my WS6. Seems like a lot of girls liked the WS6 little more also.

anyways, Cobra handles better, better/more potential engine/ more comfortable seats, better quality interior etc. i can keep going. for 1500$ you can't make an LS1 do 11s in the quarter, like a pulley tune, exhaust, intake on a cobra and your there. one big complaint is MPG. gas milage sucks. i got 28 on highway with the LS1, now in the cobra is like 20-22 tops.

biggums46

Established Member
I sold my LS1 camaro a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. I liked the Camaro, but I love the Cobra. Gas mileage does really suck upside is gas prices are going down :rockon:

454LSX

Established Member
I'll let you know in a week or so when my Cobra gets here. Going from a big cube LSX car with 9 inch and Fikse's (99 SS)

454LSX

Established Member
Will do, send me a PM to remind me. It will be here Saturday but I won't be in town until Sunday afternoon...

Jroc

Established Member
I think a Fbody has a much better shifter location. And I do mean MUCH better.

Both cars are great Muscle Cars for modding IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread