evenflow head cooling mod installed...question

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
Everything went well but I can tell ya that freeze plug is much tougher to get out than I expected it would be even with the blower off.

So my question is....

I got the fitting installed in the head coolant port and I have the little retainer plate bolted down in to hold it in, but the new fitting can still twist left and right. Meaning while it's all installed I can spin it around. Prob a dumb question but want to be sure it's all snug enough and sealed so it wont leak coolant. :??:

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
Thought I would reply since I have done this mod twice now... The first time I broke the o-ring that came with the kit, and just used a standard o-ring from a kit.. Bad idea! 6 months later the o-ring dissentigrated and left this nasty black Shee-at in my coolant.
LFP was nice enough to send me a replacement o-ring, and I now have it back the way it should be. To answer your question though; There is some play even after the plate is in, but as long as you got the o-ring in there without damage, it should be fine..

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
sweet

my o-ring went in perfectly. I lubed it and the hole in the head with petroleum jelly and just gave it a small tap to get it to pop in there.

bigbadwolff66

Established Member
The O-ring we supply in our kits is a special material that is rated for coolant and higher temp (300 Degrees F). Standard black rubber O-Ring starts to break down @200 F. I believe we sent you that O-ring direct on Behalf of LFP.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The O-ring we supply in our kits is a special material that is rated for coolant and higher temp (300 Degrees F). Standard black rubber O-Ring starts to break down @200 F. I believe we sent you that O-ring direct on Behalf of LFP.

Hey Don!

Good to see you still rocking!
The new version looks great! I have gen 1 of course, with zero problems, but boy would that gen 2 have been slick when I did mine.

It looks vaguely familiar...LOL :beer:

fittingandbracketdrawing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread