Weighed my Cobra today.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
Drove to a free weigh scale here in Santa Clara. drove on it.. exited the car, looked accross the street at the digital meter. 3480lbs

no spare tire, tank on empty and solid axle. :beer:

Drewzilla

Established Member
The empty tank probably made a nice difference. What's the spare weigh? Like 25-30 lbs or so with the jack?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Not too shabby all things considered! I'm at 3,400lbs (no driver). I'll do a K member &
A arms some day to shed a few more pounds.

People tend to think these cars are heavier than they really are.

whyte_03

Established Member
Not too shabby all things considered! I'm at 3,400lbs (no driver). I'll do a K member &
A arms some day to shed a few more pounds.

dude, your car must haul 10 asses!!! :beer:

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Drove to a free weigh scale here in Santa Clara. drove on it.. exited the car, looked accross the street at the digital meter. 3480lbs

no spare tire, tank on empty and solid axle. :beer:

Cool!! Where's the scale located at in santa clara. I would like to check the weight on my pig!!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hell I got no front swaybar, nothing in trunk, passenger seat removed, rear seat bottom/back, smaller/lighter battery, Bogarts, and my pig still weighs in at around 3,640lbs.

You guys are like Ethiopians.

whyte_03

Established Member
Cool!! Where's the scale located at in santa clara. I would like to check the weight on my pig!!

it is right here. http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...m=16&q1=robert avenue, santa clara california

keep driving past the arrow.. drive to the end where (loops around) the tracks are... on the shoulder you will see the road rise and thats where the platform is for the scale.. drive on it... then look accross the street, there is a booth with a window... the digital meter sits outside the booth near the top of the booth. I used this scale about 9 years ago and forgot where it was and had to do a yahoo map search of the area to find it. I noticed the scale goes in incriments of 20, mainly because it's for big rigs but it works fine and dandy! :beer:

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Guys anybody looking for scales if there's a local Rock Quarry nearby just go there. Their scales are usually dead on also.

whyte_03

Established Member
i know the one i went to was pretty tits because when i got in the car it went up 200lbs and I am 197.. so go figure CHEERS!

TRD1

Just another Cobra
Established Member
You can goto local transfer station also. I work for Waste Management and the scales are calibrated and checked by the state or county depending on where you live.

KoBra2.2blk04vt

gone but not forgotten
Established Member
it is right here. http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE...m=16&q1=robert avenue, santa clara california

keep driving past the arrow.. drive to the end where (loops around) the tracks are... on the shoulder you will see the road rise and thats where the platform is for the scale.. drive on it... then look accross the street, there is a booth with a window... the digital meter sits outside the booth near the top of the booth. I used this scale about 9 years ago and forgot where it was and had to do a yahoo map search of the area to find it. I noticed the scale goes in incriments of 20, mainly because it's for big rigs but it works fine and dandy! :beer:

Great! Thanks for the info. I'll check it out and post up what my pig weighs.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Your off road H and catback with no tailpipes probably cut down 30-35lbs off the car too....

Last edited:

whyte_03

Established Member
Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

x2.

My car weighed 3,611 lbs when I was getting my C/O's balanced. I still have the stock k-member and a-arms. Had the factory wheels on at the time though. I also had over 3/4 tank of gas and I still have the IRS.

Nice weight BTW OP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread