help only 12lbs of boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
just hooked up boost guage today and realized im only making 12lbs of boost with steg stage 5 port, 4lb lower and 2.76 upper and i belive i should be making 17lbs (also have 60lb injectors, cold air intake, sct mass air flow and a tune) ( oh forgot full exhaust and headers too)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Belt slip or your lines for the gage are leaking. You have an aux idler?

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
to the factory tellow boost guage line and yes i have and aux. pulley and thanks for the quick responses

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
How loose is the belt? Below the upper pulley on the left you shouldn't be able to move it left to right hardly at all. Maybe a 1/2" tops and 1/2" is loose to me. Just use your hand and if it moves that much easily I'd get a new belt.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
If the belts slipping,there is probably a lot more dust than normal on the pulley.
Is this vac/boost or boost only?

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Didn't ask if it was tight, what size is it? A belt that is even an 1/2" too short can feel tight, but be loose enough to cause a nice bit of belt slip.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Do you have just the 100mm aux idler pulley, or all 4 idlers? Stock alt pulley or the 3.2"?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
With that combo I ran a 77" belt on my car. I saw about 15lbs of boost peak with headers and no cats, occasionally I'd see 15.5lbs in 4th gear on a cool night. Aside from that belt being too lose have you checked your boost bypass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread