Is this a Steigemeier Port?

1964coupe

Established Member
I just bought this blower from a member, and I'm new to the Cobra world, but it doesn't quite look like a Steig port to me based on their website. Could anyone help clear this up for me? Does anyone with experience know how to tell if this is a Steig. Stage IV before I put it on my car?

Thanks in Advance,

Andrew

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00460.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
There should be a serial number on the bottom of the front of the blower. The picture also doesnt look like a port I have seen from Steg but could be wrong. On the top of the blower is there a sticker with a "S" in the middle?

1964coupe

Established Member
There should be a serial number on the bottom of the front of the blower. The picture also doesnt look like a port I have seen from Steg but could be wrong. On the top of the blower is there a sticker with a "S" in the middle?

No "S" and I don't see a serial number

sweet88gt

Established Member
The "S" sticker could have been removed but with no serial number its not a Steg port.
That doesnt mean it wont work and work well. But if it was sold as a Steg I would be alittle upset.

1964coupe

Established Member

The guy was great to deal with, responded to every question I had, re-assured me it was a Stieg port several times. I numerous PM's. As soon as I looked at the blower I had doubts though. This just re-affirms those doubts. I'll wait for a few more opinions, but I'm sure he'll make right on it as I don't want a blower unless it's a Stieg port....PERIOD.

sweet88gt

Established Member
Thats where my serial number is. I would say yes that confrims it. Sorry. Dont forget that some have self ported blowers on here and make good power. Thats a call you have to make.

sweet88gt

Established Member
dsc00464wp6.jpg

There should be something of a number here.

I just went to the garage and I made a mistake. On the left "circled in red" it says Stiegemeier on the right is the serial number. Either way with no markings it is not a Steg that I know of. Email Steg and ask if they ever did porting with no markings and that would finalize it.

1964coupe

Established Member
Thats where my serial number is. I would say yes that confrims it. Sorry. Dont forget that some have self ported blowers on here and make good power. Thats a call you have to make.

Well, there's not much of a call to make. I made it very clear what I was buying based on these PM's:

Originally Posted by 1964coupe
As long as you give me your word that the blower was done by steggy and that your car did, infact, put down 540 on this blower. We're good to go. I just don't want to get burned again.

I spent about $8,000 on lawyer fees and plane tickets the last time and it drug out for 6 months before I recouped everything I had lost. I should have just let it go in hindsight, but it was a matter of principle at that point.

The old lady and I are about to head out to a movie, so I'll finish this off when we get back. In the mean time, if you find anything else (paperwork, dyno charts, *pictures?, etc.) I'd appreciate it. If not, so I guess I'll just have to trust you .

Thanks,

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MEMBER XXXXXXX"
only paper work i might have is a copy of the Money order sent to steggy or bank records, still havent found those, but are here somewhere unless u want me to call my bank have have them mail me my record from last the summer of 2007, it might take a few days but its ur money and i understand, but not that this matters but, i have good feed back, trusted and i promise u want be upset with the deal and how it runs, and if u are, u know where i am and phone number, ha

Quote:
Cool, I've just been burned before on a "forged" LS6 that I bought, so I do a little more research before sending money out to people on forums now. When I saw the post saying you had your blower sent back in for a stage 5 and then the one about a home port blower, I had a few questions raised.

It seems like a great deal, but I was under the impression that the throttle body and plenum were steggy work also. There wasn't any mention of home porting, so I'm sure you can understand the slight level of apprehension.

This was the blower, tb, and plenum on your car with the other mods listed in your sig that put down 540rwhp, correct? Also, The JLT is a complete kit isn't it? Everything I need to install on my car?

If you can dig around a little bit and let me know what you find documentation wise, I'll get that payment out when the wife and I get back from the movies. I still want the parts, I just want to make sure we're on the same page as far as what I'm paying for vs. what I'm getting.

Also, do you have a phone number for my records?

Thanks,

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by "MEMBER XXXXXXX"
steggy did the blower, i did the tb and plen, which was gasket matched, about like doing heads, didnt see the need to spend hundereds for that,

"MEMBER XXXXXXX CONTACT INFO"

that one post is the guy who lives across from me, we have a good size group of guys here with these cars and some procharger ones as well, i keep most of my paper work in the gargage, ill look around and see what i can find, i understand your concern, but trust me, great deal here

Quote:
I searched your previous posts and just wanted to verify a few things before I sent out this chunk of change:

""MEMBER XXXXXXX PREVIOUS POST"

The blower, plenum, and throttlybody I'm buying are a stage 4 port done by steggy, because in this post you say you had sent them back for the stage 5. Any chance you can send documentation of any sort with the blower?

"MEMBER XXXXXXX PREVIOUS POST II"

Once again, Steggy did do the porting, correct?

If you would, send me your name, addy, and phone number.

Mine is:

Andrew Beaven
115 MeadowView Way
Georgetown, KY 40324
(859)321-0850

Thanks again, as soon as I hear back from you I'll hit the button and you'll have the money.

Andrew

sweet88gt

Established Member
Member XXXX put down alot of power for an Eaton car. 540 is a good number. :poke:

I would contact him and settle this that way. Unless he can prove it "which I doubt" there is no way thats a Steg ported blower done in 2007. The one I have was done before that and it has Stegs name on the left and serial number on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread