Subframe connectors and side exhaust?

RS22

Established Member
Is there any way to run a subframe connector with a side exit exhaust? I'm 99% positive you cannot but just wondering if anyone knew a way to make it work w/ a particular brand of subframes (ie Roush subframe connectors considering they have side exit exhaust mustangs) or some sort of special bending and welding of the exhaust pipes from the mufflers.

Again, I doubt it can be done but I'm just wondering if someone had more insight into this than myself. :bash:

RS22

Established Member
Roush SFC's are it. unless you know of a shop that can make some one-off FL-SFC's to clear the side exhaust.

I don't know any shops that can do that, however I haven't inquired around about it so who knows. My guess would be I'll end up doing the roush subframes but now my next question is will those work fine w/ our IRS since most roush mustangs have the SRA?

I don't know much about SFC's but I have read they are one of the best suspension mods for our cars.

RS22

Established Member
That's awesome 03roush. Glad to see there are some SFC's out there that will work w/ that roush exhaust.

I'm confused by what he meant when he said "also, I had the muffler shop weld in the Roush subframe connector to the spintech's." I was under the impression he replaced the stock roush sfc's w/ the spintech's. Any info on that?

03roush

01 Roush Stage 3 #106
Established Member
The Roush subframe is not a full length subframe as the Spintech's are. he is a member here under the same user name jwhite you might try to pm him here. I'm sure he frequents the site. hope this helps

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
The Kenny Brown XTREME subframe braces with jacking rails clear the side exits on my 00R....

1zd4w9l.jpg

Sorry... crapy cell phone pic!

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
side exhaust on 03/04 cobras = fail

I would have to disagree. I get SOOOO many PM's asking how I did it and what it's going to involve to do the conversion. Also, I can't tell you how many people stop me on the road/gas stations/shows/just sitting and ask about it. I get a lot of compliments.

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

Yellow #5 = FAIL

HAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread