Mammoth & Fore Tripple pump fuel system install pics

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Working on a customers 04 Cobra. Originally had a 2.2 KB on it. Its now getting a KB Mammoth and complete Lethal/Fore Triple Pump fuel system with MDM. Car is almost complete hoping to have it fired up within the next week or 2.

Want to say thanks to Justin@ Fore for giving me info, specs and measurements of his rails for the milling I had to do to them. Also wanted to thank the guys at Difeo for some tips on what needed to be done to make aftermarket rails work with this blower. Plus a huge thanks to Jaime @ Miller Race Cars for the milling work he did on the rails and had it done super quick for me.

Here are the pics of the progress. Will be running a 3.5 upper 4# lower with this setup.

The before pic.

Engine.JPG

mammoth.JPG

Fuel system parts

Fuelparts.JPG

Triple Pump hat

Hat1.JPG

3 Ford GT pumps installed

Pumpsintalled.JPG

Hat installed.

Hatinstalled2.JPG

Linesonhat.JPG

Wiring to pumps

wiring2.JPG

Y Block Mounted up, tank is back in, lines installed and all wiring complete.

YBlock.JPG

Angle of this pic makes it look like the block is very close to the muffler but I can actually fit my hand between it and it sits above the muffler. I will be using some heatwrap however

YBlock2.JPG

Routing of the lines. Getting it around the IRS is trick

FuelLines.JPG

Filter and -8 Line

FuelFilter.JPG

MDM mounted and wired

MDM.JPG

2.2 KB removed

Apart.JPG

KB 2.2 next to the Mammoth

22and28.JPG

Fore Fuel rails before modding. They need to be clearanced to clear the massive blower plate that is on this blower.

ForeRailsBefore.JPG

ForeRailsBefore2.JPG

Rails milled

MilledRails.JPG

Blower plate counterbored so the bolts clear the fuel rails

Blowerplate.JPG

Plate2.JPG

Underside of blower

Screws.JPG

Fuel rails and rear crossover installed

RearXover.JPG

Bypass2.JPG

Blower is on.

KBon.JPG

KBon2.JPG

KBon3.JPG

KBon4.JPG

Rail clearance to blower plate, reason for milling them

RailClearance.JPG

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks great and love how it looks like you take your time not to scratch stuff up. Do you have any idea what strut brace that is and does it hit the KB at all?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Looks great and love how it looks like you take your time not to scratch stuff up. Do you have any idea what strut brace that is and does it hit the KB at all?

Thanks. I try to make sure everything is done perfect without a scratch. Especially with the amount of chrome and polished stuff that is on this car.

The strut bar has been removed because it does not fit this blower.
However Im pretty sure it was an MM bar. The bracing that goes rearward towards the firewall were cut off, welded, smoothed and polished back up to clear the 2.2 KB. The bars going rearward hit the 2.2 inlet

CAT600

Clutchless T56 is GO!
Established Member
Thanks. I try to make sure everything is done perfect without a scratch. Especially with the amount of chrome and polished stuff that is on this car.

The strut bar has been removed because it does not fit this blower.
However Im pretty sure it was an MM bar. The bracing that goes rearward towards the firewall were cut off, welded, smoothed and polished back up to clear the 2.2 KB. The bars going rearward hit the 2.2 inlet

Really nice job so far, I also had to countersink the front six bolts on the discharge plate, though I used unmodified CPR rails (I already had a return system on) instead of the FORE pieces.

You guys are so lucky over there that you can buy all your fuel system components off the shelf..... that triple fuel pump hat looks killer!

Daniel

Jroc

Established Member
Very cool!

More pics of the car please. Obviously its not the one in you signature

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Geez...its ridiculous how much bigger it is compared to the 2.2...

AaronK

Established Member
Very nice! Where did you get the fuel system from if you don't mind me asking.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
WOW! What are your expectations with that set up?? O know one thing, fuel shouldn't be an issue :lol:

Lol fuel definetely will not be an issue. Expecting low to mid 700s with this setup and boost level.

Really nice job so far, I also had to countersink the front six bolts on the discharge plate, though I used unmodified CPR rails (I already had a return system on) instead of the FORE pieces.

You guys are so lucky over there that you can buy all your fuel system components off the shelf..... that triple fuel pump hat looks killer!

Daniel

I decided to counterbore all the holes while I was at it and used some low profile bolts. Worked out very well

Very cool!

More pics of the car please. Obviously its not the one in you signature

Pics of the car below

Very nice! Where did you get the fuel system from if you don't mind me asking.

Fuel system was purchased from Lethal. Its a Lethal/Fore/Zone 5 system. Bascially everything you need. I had to change a few fittings for the rear crossover to make it work with this particular setup but that was minor.

awesome job man keep us posted on the numbers. i heard those mammoth's are a nightmare to install.

Looking good! What brand fuel hose is that?

Fuel hose is Fragola

Pics of the car

BobH&Rsprings.JPG

Bobcar.jpg

Gauges.JPG

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I used Fragola "push lock" lines in my car too, from Lethal. They are super easy to work with and I love the way it turned out. I haven't done the fuel rails yet, but their probably gonna get done this winter. The Fragola hose does however, emit a slight fuel odor that kinda lingers in my garage. I'd venture to say that if my garage was a little bigger and maybe vented it wouldn't be so bad.
Here are a few shots of mine with the custom filter protector/mount. (ignore the hose clamp, it was just for mock up. Fragola push lock hoses need no clamps at all which is a nice feature).

Picture131.gif

Picture138.gif

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Thats a pretty trick looking filter mount you made there. I like it.

Thanx:beer: It was pretty basic, just a peace of sheet metal, some foam insulater tape and a large band clamp. As you can see, I mounted it right to the sub frame connector.

Users who are viewing this thread