True Forged Billet Hood Vent GB #2

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I forgot to mention, after the April 8th cut-off date, non-GB pricing will take effect.

ok. here we go!

good news is that we will have 27 sets, completed, by the end of this week!
not so good news is some prices have risen a little, sort of...:read:

38 sets of screens. so, 11 extra sets available. once theyre gone, theyre gone! :p

GB price, with pre-payment in full.
$145 shipped and will now include one set of screens standard. (in the previous GB we opted for frames only but not 1 person wanted this and it just confused the payments for some people)
pick up an extra pair of screens for $10 more if you like :beer:

after the GB the price (leftover sets) will be $165 shipped for a set of frames/vents in standard finish.

for this low price im asking paypal payments to add 3%, or you can send a check or money order and save the 3%.

both the frames and the screen will come standard with a brushed finish (no charge).
available optional finishes, on both the frames and the screen, will include:
powdercoated: any color you want but no color matching (satin black, gloss black, anthracite, red, blue, white, pink, etc...
polished
chrome
black chrome
oem paint matched (pricey but available)

Prices on finishes.

Brushed finish:
No charge for brushed screens OR frames but we highly recommend having them clear coated as they can get scratched easily. They also can easily show greasy fingerprints without any clear. Although, you can touch up the brushing yourself if they do get scratched. (We can’t guarantee that they will not have ANY scratches on them upon arrival since they scratch easily and pass through many hands before they get to yours. We do try to deliver them in as mint condition as humanly possible though)

let me tell you. the brushed finish is SICK. on my own cobra i ordered satin black frames with polished screens but im thinking about switching to brushed screens. the polished looked sweet as hell but a little more blingy than what i wanted.

Polished finish:
frames only $20 for all four frame pieces (top and bottom).
screens are $10 for the pair

Clear ceramic coat:
if you wanted to clear coat the polished pieces to keep them buff free or want to clear coat the brushed or raw aluminum finish, it's $30 to clear coat the frames (all 4 pieces) and $20 to clear coat the screens. all clear coating (ie all orders) must be done at the same time in order to get this pricing.

Powdercoating:
Ok. This is the part where I really had to do some serious haggling.
$20 to do the frames and $20 to do the screens in SATIN BLACK ONLY.
ANY other color, including gloss black, will cost $30/30.
Also, we need at least 10 people to order satin black in order to get the 20/20 pricing. if we cant get 10 people on board than those that do order them will have to pay 30/30 pricing. so spread the word!! lol please post this on any cobra forums you attend, including local.

After the GB, it will be $30/30 for ANY color including satin black.

In all honesty, you could easily spray paint these yourself and get good results, while saving yourself some coin; especially with the screens.

Black chrome ceramic coating:
this is a clear ceramic coating that is tinted with black powder to look like black chrome. looks pretty much the same. parts need to be polished first, then cleared. $40 to do the frames (all four) and $30 to do the screens. I had a sample piece done and if you like black chrome, THIS is the way to go. It looks pretty sick!

Chrome plating:
this stuff is expensive. it's going to be around $30 per frame piece ($120 for all four) and about $30 per screen. i had a sample piece done and its amazingly perfect. it actually looks a little better than the polished versions but much more expensive :read:

OEM paint matched:
not that anyone expressed any interest in this but it would probably be around $100. need to get the oem paint, sand blast the parts, prep for paint, shoot the paint. and painters arent cheap :read:

these are the prices WE pay for this. there is NO mark up on these finishes. we make our pennies on the actual construction of the frames/screens. we just offer you the finishes as an option to you guys.

Payment:
Paypal: please send payments plus 3% to [email protected]
CA residents PM me before sending any payments!

checks/money order: please send to:
True Forged
PO Box 3392
Winnetka, CA 91396

PLEASE include ALL of the following with your payment (either PP or check/MO)
1. first and last name
2. SVTP username
3. email address
4. home phone number
5. shipping address
6. what exactly you ordering. please list ALL details or it may delay your particular order as i dont like to assume-and-ship.

****please state exactly what type of finish. if black, just dont say "black" but SATIN black or GLOSS black. Satin black is a matte finish, like most of the wheels we do. and if you want them in RAW finish, please state if you want them brushed or actually in raw aluminum finish.

example:
1. John Coletti
2. Terminatorman
3. [email protected]
4. 555-555-5555
5. 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Anytown, BFE 91210

6. i am ordering a complete set of hood vents with an extra set of mesh screens. $155
please do the frames in polished finish WITH clear ceramic coating $50
one set of mesh screens in polished finish (no clear coating) $10
one set of mesh screens in satin black finish $20

total: $235 shipped plus 3% for paypal fees $232

shipping with be via usps priority mail with insurance. i can ship to canada, AFO or to someone else as a gift. just specify in your payment details. Canadian buyers please add $10 for shipping. local buyers may pick up in person and save $10 on shipping.

Polished and Brushed sets will be ready to be finished and ship immediately. powdercoated and clear coated sets will not begin until all ten spots have been filled. otherwise, satin black orders will have to pay the 30/30 price *also, if you order just satin black screens, you will need to wait until all the satin black parts are finished before your order will ship.

***the Group Buy will be OVER midnight, April 7th! after that, after GB prices will take effect. that's TWO WEEKS to get in. we will begin powdercoating satin black pieces on April 8th, whether or not we meet the 10 minimum satin black requirement. (shouldnt be too hard to get 10 people in on satin black! last time we had around 17!). yes i know it sucks to wait for 2 more weeks just to get started but id like for people to have enough time to see this thread and get in on the better pricing. it helps us all in the long run :beer:
(unless of course all 27 sets sell out by then.....in which case it will close then)

I will be adding names to the list as payments are received.
1. Skitzerman brushed/brushed (cleared/cleared, extra set of screens)
2. Rick James brushed/brushed (extra set of screens)
3. S. Jersey Stang brushed/brushed
4. Ninedown gloss black/gloss black
5. SVT0369 satin black/satin black
6. SVTLink satin black/satin black
7. Oldmodman brushed&cleared/brushed
8. SVTPaul satin black/satin black (extra set of brushed screens)
9. Mush4U polished/polished
10. maddrabitt black chrome/black chrome
11. rlongo brushed/brushed
12. billymac72 satin black/satin black (extra set of screens in polished finish)
13. Mackie satin black/satin black
14. ssp.vortech satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)
15. 04sleeper satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)
16. yello3cobra satin black/satin black
17. brenda&phil(?) satin black/satin black
18. Co-brat satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)

THIS list is for the satin black group. I will add your name as soon as payment is received, so you guys can see how we're doing on the needed 10
1. SVT0369 satin black/satin black
2. SVTLink satin black/satin black
3. SVTPaul satin black/satin black
4. billymac72 satin black/satin black
5. Mackie satin black/satin black
6. ssp.vortech satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)
7. 04sleeper satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)
8. yello3cobra satin black/satin black
9. brenda&phil(?) satin black/satin black
10. Co-brat satin black/satin black (extra set of screens)

Last edited:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
can i pick mine up in person since im local to you? where can i mail my check too? thanks.....satin black with black screens please....do u have pics of the various colors in black u make...?:pop:

oldmodman

Established Member
I'm in.

Brushed finish (I think) black mesh.

I'll know for sure when you post the pics or maybe just a link to your original page.

sayno2rice

Established Member
so if i read the first post right it would be $175 for the frames and mesh in satin black... is that right? and is that shipped?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hi guys.

sorry for lagging on getting back on this thread. good news though, the sets have already been started and will be finished in a day or two! we have 27 sets being made.

slight bad news though. the cost of some of the parts/finishes will be going up slightly. ill be posting all the latest info in a few.

and we NEED 15 people to get in on this or the powdercoating will cost more. i already had to argue/haggle/negogiate the price down to where it was in the last GB.

im going to raise the after-GB price quite a bit in hopes to get more people to take them right NOW so i dont have to sit on them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
these pics dont really do these things justice.

polished frames with satin black mesh:
IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0324-1.jpg

IMG_0325-1.jpg

IMG_0322-1.jpg

polished frames with polished mesh:
IMG_0330.jpg

satin black frames with satin black screens:
IMG_0327-1.jpg

satin black frames with polished screens:
IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

brushed and cleared frames with black screens:
IMG_0332.jpg

brushed and cleared frames with polished screens:
IMG_0331.jpg

the satin black and polished pieces in these pics were not clear coated. clear coating satin black will pretty much make it gloss black.

*note* you can see in some of the pics that some of the mesh screen is sitting below the frame. that's just laziness when i took the pics :read: they are a PERFECT fit. these are the exact same set that was shown mounted on my car.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and by FAR the most popular....

satin black on satin black :dancenana:
DSC01857Medium.jpg

DSC01862Medium.jpg

TF2Medium.jpg

TF3Medium.jpg

TF4Medium.jpg

TF5Medium.jpg