Anyone using Methanol on there 03 cobra

Mr.GSXR1000

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone is using Methanol on the cobras, if so how are they reacting with the blower and stuff, just about to put one on and didnt know if anyone using them thanks.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do a search. Your answers are there. There's a bunch of threads on it. No, myself I looked into it and won't use it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Okay I just went and researched it again. It seems if you add it post blower or after the IC in the lower intake you can get some benefits out of it. Before the blower all you're doing is cooling the air before the IC. So you're doing the IC's job which why would you want to do that? Plus you've got a Whipple so the blower doesn't need it either.

Maybe if you get all the safety precautions so if you ran out or the nozzle gets clogged you won't blow the motor then sure. Also like I said above before the blower doesn't seem to do much other than keep the blower itself cool.

ryans88gt

Established Member
23 PSI on a 2.3 whipple with 625 ml/min nozzle spraying in front of the blower.

22 degrees of timing on pump gas.

50/50 mixture of water/meth

still running a bit rich (A/F 10.9-11.0). I pulled as much fuel out of the tune as I could, now I need a retune.

Previously, I had to run 100 octane with this same tune. The water/meth is about 10 times cheaper than 100 octane.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Okay I just went and researched it again. It seems if you add it post blower or after the IC in the lower intake you can get some benefits out of it. Before the blower all you're doing is cooling the air before the IC. So you're doing the IC's job which why would you want to do that? Plus you've got a Whipple so the blower doesn't need it either.

Maybe if you get all the safety precautions so if you ran out or the nozzle gets clogged you won't blow the motor then sure. Also like I said above before the blower doesn't seem to do much other than keep the blower itself cool.

Wouldn't that be beneficial on a Heaton?

xavier296

Always another project.
Established Member
ryan, I kept reading that spraying prior to the blower would lead to buildup on the IC, but it sounds like you have had good luck with it. Where did you put the injector, the bottle, the pump, etc? Pics would be appreciated!!

ryans88gt

Established Member
Used the window washer res and added a new bung to it. mounted the pump on the front bumper support and the nozzle I tapped the plastic stock intake tube about 1 inch behind the nipple on the passenger side about 4 inches from the throttle body. 625 ml/min nozzle with the progressive controller coming on at 10 PSI and full at 15 PSI. Works fine for me and added about 2 PSI of boost by spraying before the blower.

I don't think anything is going to build up in the intercooler with 23 PSI blasting through it. I can tell there is a little lag for it getting in there watching the wide band. It takes about a half second after I floor it before I see a flat fuel curve. But I can live with that.

Last edited:

donjonald

I live by the W's
Established Member
Used the window washer res and added a new bung to it. mounted the pump on the front bumper support and the nozzle I tapped the plastic stock intake tube about 1 inch behind the nipple on the passenger side about 4 inches from the throttle body. 625 ml/min nozzle with the progressive controller coming on at 10 PSI and full at 15 PSI. Works fine for me and added about 2 PSI of boost by spraying before the blower.

I don't think anything is going to build up in the intercooler with 23 PSI blasting through it. I can tell there is a little lag for it getting in there watching the wide band. It takes about a half second after I floor it before I see a flat fuel curve. But I can live with that.
Was running the same setup, window res and placed the nozzle after maf.
When I ran it I didn't FEEL results but I never dyno'd it with/without meth.

ryans88gt

Established Member
I ran it at the track. It ran the same times on pump gas with meth as it did with race gas and no meth.

The washer fluid + heat is a lot cheaper than always filling up with race gas.

Users who are viewing this thread