Weighed my car. Anyone else ever do that?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm confused. 3800 lbs exactly with me in it. 2160 lbs front axle and 1640 lbs rear axle. I'm 150 lbs. So that's 3650 lbs with a full tank of gas. Ahh that's 15 lbs lighter than listed dry weight of 3665?

I still have my spare, jack etc. in the trunk. If anything I figured my car would be heavier. I've added larger intercooler, gauges, wideband, aftermarket intake, extra pullys, second FPDM, IRS brace, wider rims on back with wider than stock tires.

Humm suppose the Bassani cat'd X probably weights less than the stock H pipe. I also have the weight under the rear diff removed.

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
That exhaust probably dropped 35-40lbs total, then the Mott Bar is good for another 8. Taking the spare tire/jack out would drop another 40lbs.

twhitey

Established Member
I am scared to weigh my car. I have a sub box in the trunk, 18x9 and 18x10.5 chrome replicas. and I am 225.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I havent weighted my car but need to... hey at least you arent heavier than expected :)

True. I'm happy with the weight considering I have done NO weight reduction at all. The only reason I removed the weight under the diff was because it was hitting my exhaust.

That exhaust probably dropped 35-40lbs total, then the Mott Bar is good for another 8. Taking the spare tire/jack out would drop another 40lbs.

Wow 35~40 is quite a difference. I wish I'd weighed them. My tire/jack is still in the car.
A full tank of gas alone is around 90 lbs (15.3 gallons x approx 6 lbs). I still wonder if Ford's rating was accurate or just what they projected during design? or maybe the scales I visited where not that accurate? Not a big deal. I just found my numbers interesting.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I put mine on a certified scale. 3620 with spare/jack in the trunk, 3/4 tank gas and no driver. Cat-back, Coil-overs and tubular frt control arms.

SVT GT

Established Member
How many cats did you have before? Now you only have two high flow cats and if its the Aluminum XPipe that Bassani makes you have lost some weight there. Congrats on the weight

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Stock H pipe had four cats. My Bassani X only has two cats. The bassani I have is stainless steel.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
I need to weight mine....maybe I can do it this week if I remember.

sonic cobra

Established Member
certified scale is tested periodically by some state agency for weights and measures and certified accurate, This one was at a supply yard that sells sand and gravel and such by the truckload. Cost me $8

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Oh ok. I went to this big truck stop in Kansas City called Flying J Travel Plaza. They have this big "guaranteed" signs up on their scale area so I suppose it should be accurate. Even the ticket they gave me says right on it "our seal means it's guaranteed" and at the top it says "J-SCALE-GUARANTEED WEIGHT" lol.

It's a really busy place with so many semi trucks I couldn't believe it. It was kinda funny I had to get inline with the semi trucks and wait my turn to get on the scales :) I'm sure the truckers where wondering wtf.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Oh ok. I went to this big truck stop in Kansas City called Flying J Travel Plaza. They have this big "guaranteed" signs up on their scale area so I suppose it should be accurate. Even the ticket they gave me says right on it "our seal means it's guaranteed" and at the top it says "J-SCALE-GUARANTEED WEIGHT" lol.

It's a really busy place with so many semi trucks I couldn't believe it. It was kinda funny I had to get inline with the semi trucks and wait my turn to get on the scales :) I'm sure the truckers where wondering wtf.

HA HA! I did the same thing in my 00R. Looked funny in line with 80,000 lb trucks. When I drove off the scale a few truck drivers, and the scale operator, motioned for me to do a litte burn out. Who am I to deny them? :burnout:

Jroc

Established Member
My car weighed 3,611 full of gas when I had my C/O's balanced.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
i always figured with my fat ass in the car it probably weighs ~4000 lbs :shrug: never actually weighed it tho

Last edited:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
3,400lbs here without me in it. The solid axle helps a lot, but the problem is that it's weight removed from the rear. I need to do a K member to take some weight off the nose.

Users who are viewing this thread