what does your car weigh...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
hey guys... i know that there are numerous threads on here with weight reduction specifics... however i'd like to start something different... to anybody that has ever weighed your car, what are you weighing in at? what weight reduction have you done? i'm trying to see exactly where i'm standing. I still have that extra weight kicking around from the IRS myself... i need to find out what my car weighs now... this is what i've done that would help me out with a little bit of weight (for the track)...

full aftermarket exhaust...
removed mott bar on rear end...
removed entire rear seat and all bracketry...
removed rear seat belts...
removed every panel in the trunk...
removed jack and spare...
removed wipers along with arms and motor...
removed sheetmetal panel under drivers side dash...
removed the box in the trunk that houses the rear speakers and amps...
removed driver and passenger air bags with control module...
soon to have 15x4 and 15x10 welds...
soon to remove the front sway bar...

curious to see where i'm at but things that are still weighing me down are... IRS...cast iron block...stock k member and a arms...stock front seats...optima red top battery is pretty heavy too

Last edited:

iceracer

Meco Power
Established Member
My car weighs 3430.
-psr k-member, front coilovers, bigs -n- littles,sub-frame connectors 6pt bar, lightweight batt.,and carbonfiber driveshaft .Removed: spare and jack, mott bar, rear seat, passenger seat, and swaybar.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Manufacturer's specs, which often drift from reality, list the '03/'04's coupes at 3,665-lbs and convertibles at 3,780-lbs. The amount of gas in the tank varies, but most between 1/2 tank and a full tank get a similar weight with a stock Cobra. The remainder of the math is up to you...or just weigh it.

BTW, there was a thread eerily similar to this started about a week and a half ago. I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

baby2000

Established Member
3700 with me in it and i weight 200 pounds. No rear seat, no back seats, no spare jack, took out passenger seat. That was with a 1/4 tanks of gas and stock wheels.

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
My car weighs 3430.
-psr k-member, front coilovers, bigs -n- littles,sub-frame connectors 6pt bar, lightweight batt.,and carbonfiber driveshaft .Removed: spare and jack, mott bar, rear seat, passenger seat, and swaybar.

That is nice!

I need to get on a scale asap

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I assume that is without you, also do you have a rollbar or cage in your car?

That's without me...no cage either. The solid axle helped drop a bunch of weight. Unfortunately, it's all in the rear and not in the nose where it counts.
Either way, less weight is a good thing.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
3935 with 1/4 tank and me in it (185lbs). That's with the 18's, spare, and sub all in the car too.

Users who are viewing this thread