Using AN fittings and SS hose with Even Flow Cooling Mod

bigbadwolff66

Established Member
Occasionally we will have people who wish to use Stainless steel braided hose in conjunction with Even Flow Gen 2 fittings and wants to know what AN fittings he needs to purchase. Here is the info you need. In order to use AN fittings and stainless steel braided hose, here is the parts list you will need:

Even Flow Gen 2 Head fitting/Retainer plate/Hold down

3/8” FPT Weld-in bung (steel) to be welded into the crossover tube near the upper radiator hose connection by a competent welder.

(2) #8 AN fittings for SS braided hose end, Summit part number EAR-300108ERL

#8 stainless steel braided hose (@5 feet should be sufficient)

(1) Straight AN to MPT adapter #8 to 3/8”, Summit part # SUM220846

(1) 45 degree AN to MPT adapter #8An to ½”, Summit part number EAR-982388ERL

Hope this helps. For other custom requests contact Even Flow Cooling directly.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Occasionally we will have people who wish to use Stainless steel braided hose in conjunction with Even Flow Gen 2 fittings and wants to know what AN fittings he needs to purchase. Here is the info you need. In order to use AN fittings and stainless steel braided hose, here is the parts list you will need:

Even Flow Gen 2 Head fitting/Retainer plate/Hold down

3/8” FPT Weld-in bung (steel) to be welded into the crossover tube near the upper radiator hose connection by a competent welder.

(2) #8 AN fittings for SS braided hose end, Summit part number EAR-300108ERL

#8 stainless steel braided hose (@5 feet should be sufficient)

(1) Straight AN to MPT adapter #8 to 3/8”, Summit part # SUM220846

(1) 45 degree AN to MPT adapter #8An to ½”, Summit part number EAR-982388ERL

Hope this helps. For other custom requests contact Even Flow Cooling directly.

A freind(member) did this setup on his Cobra... More pricey but looks good. I went with the original setup!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Would love to see some pics of it installed with the stainless hardware.

Weldin.jpg

Brian.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Thanks for posting that picture Brad, I forgot how good my setup looked with that polished stage 5. Now it's all black with the Whipple, but still looks decent anyway. I ended up re-doing the cooling mod slightly, but it still looks almost the same as the pic. I had to remove the steel AN male fitting that I brazed into the crossover because the chamfered sealing surface was a bit damaged from polishing the crossover, and I could never get it to stop dripping coolant. I have since installed a steel NPT bung, and re-finished the crossover in wrinkle black to match everything else. No more leaks, and it looks nicer too.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Thanks for posting that picture Brad, I forgot how good my setup looked with that polished stage 5. Now it's all black with the Whipple, but still looks decent anyway. I ended up re-doing the cooling mod slightly, but it still looks almost the same as the pic. I had to remove the steel AN male fitting that I brazed into the crossover because the chamfered sealing surface was a bit damaged from polishing the crossover, and I could never get it to stop dripping coolant. I have since installed a steel NPT bung, and re-finished the crossover in wrinkle black to match everything else. No more leaks, and it looks nicer too.

pics..... :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread